Brainly is the largest social learning community in the world, with over 350 million users each month participating on our web and app products. Our Trust & Safety team ensures that users can learn in a safe, civil, and educationally-focused environment by tackling the biggest challenges to the safety and integrity of our platform. We combine expertise in the latest available technologies and safety solutions with deep understanding of human behavior to create a holistic approach to protecting our users.
The Trust & Safety Manager will take our team to the next level, grow our T&S tools, and scale our moderation operations globally. On this team, you’re a highly analytical, systems thinker who can understand the drivers behind different types of user behavior and strategize the most effective combination of policy, technology, and human-powered safety solutions.
You’re comfortable with big datasets and know how to measure what matters so that we’re always on top of fast-moving trends in user behavior and content. You’re a big-picture thinker who can also dive deep into a problem or process to better understand how to do what’s right for our users, improve operational effectiveness, and continuously evolve our approach to safety and moderation. You’ll work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and data to continuously monitor impact of our safety systems and processes, while helping build a culture of ‘safety by design’ across the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an incredible community, and support the learning outcomes of hundreds of millions of students around the world. Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands. Brainly is a fun, unique company in an exciting phase of its growth.
- Scale up our global moderation team and operations. Strategize the most effective processes and resources needed to support user safety on Brainly as we rapidly expand and launch new products globally, and lead our team through process change and growth.
- Be the internal expert of our content moderation systems and third-party platforms (Community SIFT). Work with our internal/external technical and operational stakeholders to continuously improve our systems.
- Stakeholder management. Effectively communicate expectations and outcomes with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders (third-party partners, software vendors, and BPOs)
- Safety reporting and analysis. Monitor the overall performance of our tools and safety of our community, and identify key areas for improvement or vulnerabilities needing attention.
- Safety policy development. Work with our community managers, program managers, and legal team to audit existing user policies and guidelines, create new policies, and ensure they meet our safety standards.
- Safety training and escalations. Support our internal/external moderation teams with training on tools, policies, and processes.
- Thought leadership and partnerships. Represent Brainly in the world of T&S, and Identify key partners we can work with to certify and support our commitment to education and user safety.
- 5+ years of experience on a Trust & Safety, Customer Support, Policy, or Compliance team
- 2+ years directly managing an operational team and budget
- Prior experience working with external vendors or BPOs
- Prior experience working with moderation tools and systems
- Prior experience working on digital products
- Experience working with a global community across multiple languages/locations
- Experience working with diverse, all-ages communities
- Experience with Community SIFT
- Experience as an online moderator or community manager
- Background in product, policy, law/legal studies, or international relations
- Growth mentality; Product led, data driven, highly creative
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively manage team members
- Data-driven and effective at telling stories using data
- Sensitivity to potential trade-offs between performance and branding
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
Skills and systems
- Excellent project management skills
- Familiarity with ticket-based task management systems
- Excellent judgment and ability to critically evaluate sensitive situations
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent data and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills, especially to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Availability: full-time position
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, FSAs, commuter benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid CitiBike program, weekly company lunches, company events, and more
- We are committed to your professional development by providing opportunities to participate in conferences, trainings, and courses
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
Brainly is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.