Brainly’s Director, Global Payments owns and manages our global payment acceptance services, systems and is responsible for the ongoing establishment of all payment performance KPIs. Collaborating closely with Product, Customer Experiences and Marketing teams across the company and their respective teams, the Director, Global Payments will build and tune payment solutions that support their product and business goals.
- Coordinate with Product and Business stakeholders and their respective teams to identify the highest value opportunities for further development of Brainly Payment Systems in support of Product and Business goals.
- Act as interface between our technology team, customer experience teams and the payment service providers and third-party vendors.
- Implement new payment methods and services providers in support of Product and Business goals end-to-end including coordinating with Marketing, Legal, Finance, and the Product organization to ensure a successful launch of these projects to the customer.
- Collaborate with key Product and Business stakeholders to define, develop, and deliver prevention and mitigation actions to maintain a healthy and high-performing global payment system
- Create, monitor, and maintain payment operational KPIs and deep dive into business and operational payment metrics to identify relevant insights, improve payment success rates, with a view on risk management, payment approval rates and fraud prevention.
- Monitor and optimise overall payment acceptance costs for the business globally.
- Manage operational efforts across teams, partnering with Product, Engineering, Customer Services, Compliance and Risk teams to ensure smooth rollout of new payment product features.
- Manage the definition, development, and delivery of payments related projects.
- Strong experience of the payment services industry to act as a critical point of contact to the Brainly business in terms of payment acceptance, helping develop, launch, and enable the mission critical acceptance of a range of payment methods across Brainly’s entire global operation.
- Demonstrated experience working with global payment systems, payment service providers, acquirers and alternative payment methods (APMs).
- 5+ years of experience in the management of payment acceptance solutions, payment operations with a goal to support strategic growth and the customer experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in a cross-departmental collaborative manner and playing a key role in facilitating communication and coordination.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and maintaining payment operational metrics and KPIs.
- Preferred - demonstrated experience leading the implementation of new payment methods and/or payment service providers.
- Analytical, data-informed decision maker
- Critical thinker
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Clear and effective communicator
- Able to remain highly organized in a loosely structured, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to execute and complete projects and tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Skills and systems
- Google Workspace or similar
- Confluence (preferred)
- JIRA (preferred)
- SQL (preferred)
- Grafana (preferred)
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Availability: full-time position
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, FSAs, commuter benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid CitiBike program, weekly company lunches, company events, and more
- We are committed to your professional development by providing opportunities to participate in conferences, trainings, and courses
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
Brainly is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.