The Engineering team at Brainly is working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure that enables Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day. The systems we build are used across all of Brainly, making us one of the most cross-functional teams at the company.
We are taking over the world, and to do so we are looking for strong engineers that are ready to push boundaries and help us solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact.
We’re looking for a strong Front-end developer with Back-end skills (or general interest in back-end development) to work with us on optimization of subscriptions conversion rate and building new product features. Fullstack skills are required due to team structure (no frontend/backend differentiation).
The mission of the Subscription team is to help users to understand the value of Brainly and make the purchase process as efficient as possible. The work is mission-critical, directly contributing to Brainly's bottom line. As a part of this team, you will create new ideas, test hypotheses and use data-driven techniques to deliver the optimal solutions.
The Conversion Optimisation (CRO) team is a fast-paced environment dedicated to generating impact on Brainly’s core monetization KPIs. Our work has a direct impact on the company’s revenue — and that’s super exciting. We are data enthusiasts, passionate about research, and advocates of controlled experiments (AB tests). Expect a lot of ideation sessions and outside of the box thinking that fuels our winning variants.
- Drive initiatives leading to conversion rate optimization
- Design, develop, and maintain code for Brainly platform to enhance the great learning experience for our users.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborate with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation and build robust test suites for your features.
- Mentor other engineers within the team and cross-functionally based on personal strengths and capabilities.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Contribute to all stages of the software development life cycle to create world-class products
- Work in a vertical team with specialists in their domains
- Share your knowledge as well as learn from others
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- 3+ years of experience writing web services in a general-purpose programming language
- Experience in React
- Experience in Responsive Web Design
- Great knowledge of modern CSS methodology (i.e. BEM)
- Experience in CSS Flexbox Layout
- Experience with databases/data stores
- Understanding of core testing principles
- Ability to brainstorm and co-create new solutions, both business and technical
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of Go, Python or PHP
- Experience building distributed systems at scale
- Experience building microservices
- Experience working with public cloud provider offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Experience working with messaging queues and/or streaming platforms
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience in conducting experiments using Google Optimise and other tools
- Experience in End-to-End testing
- You take ownership of developed solutions
- You are a team player with great communications skills
- You have an Agile mindset
- You have self-organization skills, ability to make your own decisions
- You have high attention to details and focus on quality
- You have an analytical attitude and genuine interest towards data and conversion optimization
- Location: Kraków, Poland or remotely
- Salary: 15 000 - 20 000 PLN gross/monthly (employment contract)
- Some of our benefits:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
What is BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - email@example.com. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].