As a Director for the US market, you will work directly with the VP of Global Markets and cross-functionally across departments to manage growth, engagement and monetization initiatives that are crucial to achieving our short and long-term goals. You will be responsible for deeply understanding the product and business, owning and pushing forward project deliverables, and generating insights that inform product and business decisions across the company.
You will be an essential brand advocate, providing thought leadership, inspiration, and best practices in brand strategy that contribute to the success of Brainly in the US. Come help us scale one of the fastest-growing and highest-quality consumer learning brands. Brainly is a fun, unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
- Develop, own and execute go-to-market initiatives for our learners in the US.
- Leverage data to understand our products in depth, identify areas of opportunity, and execute projects to drive user growth, retention, engagement, and/or revenue.
- Advise, report on, and ensure execution of initiatives, priorities, and corporate and departmental goals to ensure alignment with desired outcomes
- Establish and evolve the brand strategy and positioning for Brainly’s products
- Develop a deep understanding of business objectives, strategies and opportunities, our users, and the competitive landscape, and translating it to brand strategy
- Build awareness of our brand and products through media and consumer-facing initiatives that articulate our mission, values and technology.
- Manage relationships with key press, partners and influencers, including handling inbound press inquiries and serving as an on-record spokesperson.
- Work closely with Sales, Commercial and Marketing leadership on revenue growth priorities
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement - acting as an internal coach and consultant, identifying opportunities to remove process waste and scale automation and performance metrics across the team.
- Leverage deep market knowledge and internal data insights to identify and evaluate complex, open-ended questions and present findings in a clear and concise manner to cross-functional stakeholders
- Be a master of cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the company and coordinating across teams (Product, Engineering, Design, BI, Marketing, senior management) to execute growth initiatives.
- 5+ years of direct, growth-focused experience managing the organic and paid acquisition
- 3+ years of experience in managing team members in a formal or informal capacity
- Core understanding of subscription products, KPIs and customer lifecycle marketing
- Experience in product and/or consumer communication
- Experience working directly with reporters, editors, bloggers, researchers, industry analysts and other thought leaders.
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests
- Experience in initiating and driving growth projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make business decisions
- Experience effectively communicating insights and ideas, verbally and in presentations
- Experience in SEO, PPC, PR and CRO
- Experience in SaaS B2B and/or SaaS B2C and startup experience
- Experience working in an ed-tech environment
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively manage team members
- Data-driven and curious about, and tell stories using data
- Sensitivity to potential trade-offs between performance and branding
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
Skills and systems
- Excellent verbal and written skills, along with strong presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills to quickly identify and resolve any issues that arise
- Familiar with database management systems and data visualization software, like MySQL and Tableau, to help in data analysis
- Experience with tools within Marketing Automation, CRM, Social Management, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Search Console, CMS
- Location: Manhattan, NY
- Availability: full-time position
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, FSAs, commuter benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid CitiBike program, weekly company lunches, company events, and more
- We are committed to your professional development by providing opportunities to participate in conferences, trainings, and courses
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 200 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com
Brainly is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.