Brainly is a worldwide expert and a leader in providing homework solutions and peer to peer help for students and parents. With new products on app and desktop, we want to upgrade our current offering and extend our value proposition - from instant and real-time help to video answers.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US - FEW STATISTICS:
- We transform the world online education by developing related products for students, parents, and teachers around the globe
- Brainly is used by 200+ million users monthly
- Our product has an international reach - we have users from 35 countries
- We have the extensive knowledge base of explanations of the most frequently asked academic questions (60 million)
WHO ARE WE?
Members of the Tutoring Team collaboratively build a new user’s approach and feature sets to the existing Q&A learning platform improving our business model, knowledge base, and satisfaction of our users.
This team works closely with our commercial, engagement, and mobile team and is thinking of the best user experience and revenue perspective creating another strong muscle in Brainly’s long-term strategy.
IS THIS OFFER FOR YOU?
The Product Manager for Tutoring Team will lead end-to-end product management efforts, including defining the product strategy, user and market research, developing the road map, identifying requirements, and shipping the product to the market.
An important aspect of the role is also being a People Manager, responsible for the growth and development of the team, with a strong focus on execution and delivery. The leadership responsibility includes providing clear direction, setting up aspirational goals, effective communication, two-way feedback, and building the commitment and engagement of the team.
This role works also as part of an interdisciplinary team and acts as the key stakeholder by planning, prioritizing, and executing to achieve product vision on all markets.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Work hand-in-hand with engineers, product designers, data analysts, quality assurance specialists to develop products with high quality and on time
- Build a long term product vision as well as executing results on a daily basis
- Build and maintain product roadmaps, gather requirements with a backlog and document user flows
- Manage the team of 10+ people
- Own communication to key stakeholders
- Translate product strategy documents into epics and detailed stories for the engineering teams to develop
- Rapidly iterate what works and correct what doesn’t. Analyze user behavior and conduct A/B tests to identify areas of opportunities and enhancements
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, prospects, and partners to identify market needs and opportunities
- Enable people to do their best work by removing roadblocks and improving the product development process and product backlog
- Define needs, finding candidates, recruiting, and hiring talent to augment your team
- Evaluating team and individual performance and delivering performance reviews
WHAT WILL YOU NEED:
- From a product perspective:
- 4+ years of product management and product development experience strongly preferred in B2C (customer) products
- Previous experience in managing or/and developing tutoring platforms for end-users
- Proven ability to successfully deliver projects and initiatives in terms of defining, planning, scheduling and executing
- Strong understanding and experience in an Agile approach to product delivery
- A sense for user experience and design
- Practice in following the industry trends and adoption of the best-practices
- Experience with web-based applications development
- From people management perspective:
- Experience in managing a team, including talent and performance management, hiring, etc.
- Strong, proven leadership skills while working in cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Great motivation skills and ability to inspire and influence both technical experts and junior engineers
- Ability to identify people's needs and potential to put the best people in the best positions for individual team success
- Personal skills and attributes:
- High analytical, creativity, self-organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards
- Ability to translate complex requirements into an actionable backlog
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Location: Kraków
- Employment type: employment contract
- Start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
- Some of our benefits:
- Flexible working hours, possible remote work (1-2 days/week)
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + time off for conferences and workshops
- Private health care for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Warta life insurance
- Multisport Plus card
- Company lunches on Thursdays, kitchen stocked with snacks and fruits
- Reimbursement for public transport costs
- AskHenry service - personal assistant
- Bicycle parking and shower
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 200 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].