NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND / BARCELONA OR REMOTELY FROM SPAIN
Brainly is seeking two great Senior Data Engineers to support Subscription team.
You will have a chance to build a Single Source of Truth data warehouse.
What is more, the Data Engineer will have an opportunity to create & shape data models for reporting purposes and will be responsible for the choice of solutions and technologies in this area.
The mission of Subscription team is to help users to understand the value of Brainly and make the purchase process as efficient as possible. They create new ideas, test hypotheses and use data-driven techniques to deliver the optimal solutions. A team uses growth hacking and proven e-commerce techniques in combination with precise marketing activities.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
- Dozens of data flows, hundreds of events being streamed to our data lake and features supported
- Redshift is being used in large scale daily and the DB size keeps increasing continuously
- Two of the main cloud providers (AWS, GCP) integrated with both cloud-native and external services
- Exciting chance to create & shape marketing data models and being responsible for the choice of solutions and technologies in this area
- Intriguing possibility to make an impact on a product used on a global scale - Brainly is used by 350+ million users monthly in 35 countries
WORKING AS DATA ENGINEER AT BRAINLY YOU WILL:
- Own the design, implementation, maintenance, and accuracy of end-to-end data flows
- Understand business context and translate stakeholder needs into ETL and dashboard requirements
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines to ensure highly accurate and reliable solutions for analytical, data science needs
- Work cross-functionally with analysts and various engineering and data science teams to identify and execute new opportunities
WE WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- At least 4 years of experience in a data engineering, business intelligence, or technical data analytics
- Schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Writing complex SQL and ETL processes
- Developing data integrations, making crucial decisions regarding technical solutions and overall design of a system
- Experience in cloud based infrastructure like AWS, Google Cloud Platform or others
An asset if you have:
- Experience in working with complex sets of data in a high-availability environment
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau is a plus
- Experience as a Back-End engineer in SaaS or web-based environment
- Knowledge or willingness to learn Go or Python
- Experience in product oriented organizations
Skills and systems:
- At least basic knowledge of AWS Redshift, GCP Big Query
- At least basic knowledge of ETL/CDC tool built specifically for cloud database platforms including Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery
- Location: Kraków/Barcelona or remotely from Poland/Spain
- Salary: 15 000 - 23 000 PLN gross/ monthly, employment contract
- Some of our benefits (varies slightly depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
What is BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - email@example.com.
If you want get know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].