The Engineering team at Brainly is working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure that enables Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day. The systems we build are used across all of Brainly, making us one of the most cross-functional teams at the company.

We are taking over the world, and to do so we are looking for strong engineers that are ready to push boundaries and help us solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact.

We want to be the best educational app in the US AppStore and are currently looking for a skilled iOS Engineer to help us build it.

We expect you to have:

• Fluency in Swift and understanding of Objective-C
  • Strong understanding of the iOS SDK
  • High attention to detail
  • Good understanding of common back-end system integration/web services/APIs
  • Understanding of Git
  • Fluency in English (in speaking and writing)

Nice to have:

• Strong understanding of architectural patterns
  • Lean approach
  • Experience with mobile analytics
  • Experience with GraphQL
  • Eagerness to create beautiful, snappy and modern UI

How do we work:

• We believe in teamwork, self-organization, frequent inspection and adaptation
  • We love to check our hypothesis with A/B tests
  • You can count on peer feedback - pull requests with peer reviews are our standard
  • We deliver often and fast (Continuous Delivery)

Our stack, that you’ll be working with:

• Swift mixed with some Obj-C code
  • Cocoapods
  • GraphQL and REST communication with backend
  • Fastlane for CI/CD automation

Additional details:

• Start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
  • Some of our benefits: 
    • Flexible working hours, possible remote work
    • Personal development budget + time off for conferences and workshops
    • Private health care for you and your family
    • In-house English and/or Polish language classes
    • Company lunches on Thursdays, kitchen stocked with snacks and fruits
    • Reimbursement for public transport costs
    • Bicycle parking and shower

WHAT IS BRAINLY?

Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect with their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math to science, to history and beyond.

Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 100 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. In 2016 and 2017, Brainly has closed $15M + $14M Series B funding, led by Naspers and Kulczyk Investments, to bring the total funding from current investors, including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital, to $38.5M.

Read more about the processing of your personal data by Brainly HERE.

Please include the following statement in your application:

Hereby I grant my consent to Brainly with registered office at Krowoderska 63B/6, 31-158 Kraków, Poland, KRS No 0000354511 for processing of my personal data that I provided to Brainly. I hereby confirm that I was informed about the processing of my personal data by Brainly.

Apply for this Job

* Required