The Engineering team at Brainly is working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure that enables Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day. The systems we build are used across all of Brainly, making us one of the most cross-functional teams at the company.
We are taking over the world, and to do so we are looking for strong engineers that are ready to push boundaries and help us solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact.
What will you do:
- Build core features for a product that influences the lives of 150 million students worldwide
- Push new features multiple times a day using a continuous delivery pipeline
- Contribute to the development of microservice architecture
- Have real influence on exactly what we build and how we build it
- Develop and improve REST API and GraphQL API used by mobile and web clients
- Strive to write clean and high-quality code that makes them proud of what they do
- Share their knowledge with and learn from the team
- Commercial experience with at least one programing language
- Working knowledge of cloud based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with micro-service based architecture
- Experience with message queue systems like RabbitMQ
- Understanding of technologies like load balancing, networking, massive data storage
- Constant desire to learn new things
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD
- Comfort with continuous integration and deployment
- Great communication skills and ability to solve problems together with the team
Nice to have:
- Practical experience in Go
- Experience with Docker, Mesos, and Marathon
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Redis, Cassandra)
- Experience with OpenTracing
- Experience with GraphQL
- location: Kraków, Poland
- some of our benefits: absolutely no dress code, flexible working hours, opportunity to work remotely from time to time, company lunches on Thursdays, private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, and more
- we happily support your participation in conferences, trainings, courses - you get 800$ per year to spend and time off when you need
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math, to science, to history and beyond.
Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 100 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. In 2016 and 2017, Brainly has closed $15M + $14M Series B funding, led by Naspers and Kulczyk Investments, to bring the total funding from current investors, including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital, to $38.5M.
Read more about processing of your personal data by Brainly HERE.
Please include the following statement in your application:
Hereby I grant my consent to Brainly with registered office at Krowoderska 63B/6, 31-158 Kraków, Poland, KRS No 0000354511 for processing of my personal data that I provided to Brainly. I hereby confirm that I was informed about processing of my personal data by Brainly.