The Engineering team at Brainly is working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure that enables Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day. A very important part of that system is a commercial platform that allows Brainly to run payment business on multiple markets.

We are growing quickly and we are looking for strong engineers that are ready to push boundaries and help us solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact.

Back-End Engineers at Brainly:

• Have a real influence on exactly what we build and how we build it
  • Design and implement integrations with various payment providers on multiple markets (ike Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, Stripe)
  • Design, implement, test and monitor new functionalities to the platform and user features based on platform capabilities
  • Push new features multiple times a day using a continuous delivery pipeline
  • Contribute to the development of microservice architecture
  • Develop and improve REST API and GraphQL API used by mobile and web clients
  • Strive to write clean and high-quality code that makes them proud of what they do
  • Share their knowledge with and learn from the team

We expect you to have:

• Highly skilled with at least one programming language
  • Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
  • Knowledge about micro-service based architecture
  • Experience with message queue systems like RabbitMQ
  • Understanding of technologies like load balancing, networking, massive data storage
  • Constant desire to learn new things
  • Great communication skills
  • Ability to listen actively and ask clarifying questions to seek understanding of problems that need to be solved and requirements to be met
  • Ability to brainstorm and create new solutions, both business and technical, together with the team
  • Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a Product Owner
  • Experience in securing high quality and timely services through work planning, teamwork and knowledge sharing
  • Ability to make own decisions and a high level of self-organization

Nice to have:

• Practical experience in Go
  • Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Mesos/Marathon, Kubernetes)
  • Experience with NoSQL databases (like Redis, Cassandra)
  • Experience with OpenTracing
  • Experience with GraphQL

Additional details:

• some of our benefits: absolutely no dress code, flexible working hours, opportunity to work remotely from time to time, company lunches on Thursdays, private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, and more
  • we happily support your participation in conferences, trainings, courses - you get 800$ per year to spend and time off when you need

WHAT IS BRAINLY?

Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 150 million users each month.

Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com

Read more about processing of your personal data by Brainly HERE.

Please include the following statement in your application:

Hereby I grant my consent to Brainly with registered office at Krowoderska 63B/6, 31-158 Kraków, Poland, KRS No 0000354511 for processing of my personal data that I provided to Brainly. I hereby confirm that I was informed about processing of my personal data by Brainly.

Apply for this Job

* Required