Engineering teams at Brainly are working on some of the most complex technical challenges in the ed-tech space and creating the product for almost 150 million students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure and features that enable Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day.

With this size of monthly usage, we’re generating huge amounts of diverse types of data and are looking to leverage this better to improve our service. As Data Engineer at Brainly, you will have an opportunity to shape the data engineering function, being responsible for the choice of solutions and technologies in BI infrastructure area.

What's in it for you?

Data Engineering function at Brainly needs to address increasing business requirements as we start creating and implementing new processes for acquiring and processing data. This means Data Engineer is not only about working with cool technology, but also:

• Working closely with various teams and business units to build the data processing flows reflecting their needs
  • Touching a lot of fields in the company (payments processing, data processing, supporting reporting systems)

What you will do:

• Work on data processing framework from gathering business requirements through designing and implementing them
  • Create and modify data flows for analytical and reporting purposes
  • Work with AWS Solutions related to ETL/ELT stack

What will you need?

• Required
    • 2 years in a similar position or related field
    • Deep understanding of relational databases
    • Hands-on experience in SQL
    • Know-how of ETL stages
  • Preferred
    • Experience in a data warehouse
    • Experience in cloud based infrastructure
    • Reporting/visualisation tools (Tableau, Metabase, Google Data Studio)

Additional details:

• start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
  • some of our benefits: absolutely no dress code, flexible working hours, opportunity to work remotely from time to time, company lunches on Thursdays, private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, and more.
  • 800$/ year of personal development budget + time off for conferences and workshops

WHAT IS BRAINLY?

Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 150 million users each month.

Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.

Read more about the processing of your personal data by Brainly HERE.

Please include the following statement in your application:

Hereby I grant my consent to Brainly with registered office at Krowoderska 63B/6, 31-158 Kraków, Poland, KRS No 0000354511 for processing of my personal data that I provided to Brainly. I hereby confirm that I was informed about the processing of my personal data by Brainly.

https://brainly.co/

Apply for this Job

* Required