Front-End Engineers at Brainly:
- Build core features for a product that every month influences lives of over 100 million users all around the world!
- Create and collaborate on open source projects (style-guide, html-sketchapp, ui-components, nodejs-onesky-utils, ...).
- Work with graphic designers, UX designers and other engineers to continuously improve our product and the existing codebase.
- Boost page loading speed and website performance.
- Help A/B test new features together with our analytics team.
How we do things:
- Code reviews
- Linters, unit tests and functional tests
- Continuous delivery (we deploy to production 10+ times a day)
- Mobile first approach (60%+ of our web traffic comes from mobile)
- Only modern browsers (IE11+) and basic support for proxy browsers (e.g. Opera Mini, which is popular in developing countries)
- All code on Github, all tasks on Jira
- Multidisciplinary teams
- Conferences (Front-Trends, RejectJS, dotJS, ReactiveConf…)
- Knowledge sharing (internship and mentorship programs) and personal development
Some technologies you will work with:
Vanilla JS ❤ (ES2015+ via Babel), React, Redux, Sass (BEM and a lot of flexbox love), GraphQL, NodeJS, Jest, Symfony, Docker, Gulp, Webpack, Socket.io, SVG, Web animations
We expect you to have:
- Great communication skills and ability to solve problems together with the team
- Experience in responsive web design and mobile first approach
- Ability to optimize page loading speed and website performance
Nice to have:
- Some of our benefits: flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely from time to time, pick your device (the team mostly works on MacOS), private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, company lunches on Thursdays, absolutely no dress code, and more
- We happily support your participation in conferences, trainings, courses (financially and timewise)
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math, to science, to history and beyond.
Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 100 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. In 2016 and 2017, Brainly has closed $15M + $14M Series B funding, led by Naspers and Kulczyk Investments, to bring the total funding from current investors, including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital, to $38.5M.
Read more about processing of your personal data by Brainly HERE.
Please include the following statement in your application:
Hereby I grant my consent to Brainly with registered office at Krowoderska 63B/6, 31-158 Kraków, Poland, KRS No 0000354511 for processing of my personal data that I provided to Brainly. I hereby confirm that I was informed about processing of my personal data by Brainly.