Reports to: Regional Director
Location: MN, IL, WI, and TX
Braeburn is dedicated to delivering solutions for people living with the serious consequences of opioid use disorder. At Braeburn, we challenge the status quo and champion transformation of the management of opioid use disorder (OUD) by partnering with the community to create a world where every person with OUD gets the best possible care and opportunity to reach their full potential. Our shared commitment to innovation on behalf of patients enables us to help people with OUD begin and sustain recovery.
At Braeburn, there are opportunities to contribute to our purpose every day. We value authenticity and strive to amplify all voices. Our culture empowers everyone to be successful and unleashes our full potential.
The Regional Business Specialist (RBS) will be responsible for identifying, creating and implementing ideal opportunities within potential growth segments, including but not limited to Corrections / Criminal Justice System, Integrated Health Systems, and Hospital-based customers.
The primary focus for the RBS will be with the Corrections / Criminal Justice System, having responsibility for developing customer relationships, identifying opportunities, and ensuring access at Federal prisons, State Departments of Corrections and local and state jails.
The RBS will work directly with the Market Access team, Marketing, Regional Directors and Key Account Managers to optimize and efficiently support existing and emerging customer protocols.
A minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical or related experience in the Corrections / Criminal Justice System, Integrated Health Systems and Hospitals is required. The key skill sets required for a Regional Business Specialist are Strategic Vision, Leadership, Accountability, Adaptability, Business Acumen, Judgement and Collaboration. They must possess experience within a complex distribution model including Specialty Pharmacy Network Management and Buy & Bill acquisition.
The Regional Business Specialist will need to establish high work standards and work in accordance with all company policies and code of conduct.
- Execute business development strategies and marketing plans effectively to meet or exceed business objectives
- Review, analyze and interpret market reports to ensure quarterly and annual objectives are met
- Develop a deep understanding of assigned geography and customers, including delivery of care, major payers and public policy and funding initiatives
- Identify specific opportunities and barriers within emerging customer segments to ensure company success
- May assist with developing systems of care to ensure all stakeholders (medical professionals, correctional medical/behavioral providers, administrators, drug/treatment court professionals, etc.) have the ability to launch a successful criminal justice initiative utilizing injectable Medication for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD)
- Assist with development and delivery of field training in support of the strategic business development plan
- Ensure compliant and effective cross-functional leadership and collaboration with all Braeburn partners
- Ensure reinforcement of Braeburn compliance policies and Braeburn Code of Conduct
- Exercise sound judgment and ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications
- Represent Braeburn at local and select national conferences
- Manage all business development expenses and budgets
May Interact with the following stakeholders:
- C-Suite Executive Management Teams
- Corrections staff
- Judges/Drug court teams
- Executive Directors, Program Directors, Clinical Directors, Director of Nursing, and Business Development Directors
- Medical Directors, County Behavioral Health Directors
- State and County government officials
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Coalitions
- Large Public Sector Treatment Agencies
- Local Mental Health Advocacy groups
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, presentation, planning and operational skills
- Documented collaborative team-oriented skill set and operational values
- Strong work ethic, ethical behavior and commitment to excellence in a compliant manner
- Strategic account planning, negotiation, and contracting skills
- Understanding of correctional customers (federal, state and privately-run systems), their managed care organizations, pharmacy providers and the continuum of care
- Willing to travel both regionally & nationally as needed (Up to 70-80%)
- Demonstrated passion and empathy for improving Addiction/Mental health patient care
- Entrepreneurial attitude and/or experience in a start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) required, Advanced Business Degree a plus
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical experience with at least 5+ years of sales, sales leadership and/or field market access experience in biotech/specialty pharmaceutical/device industries
- Proven sales or field market access performance as evidenced by market performance reports and recognition awards in specialty pharmacy markets
- Demonstrated experience with complex customer protocol navigation and contracting specific to integrated health systems, corrections, and other large accounts
- In-depth understanding of reimbursement/insurance coverage for physician-administered treatments
- Proven product launch experience leading others in a highly complicated and competitive environment
- Experience selling specialty products, in-particular physician administered products such as implantable or injectable medication technologies in a healthcare setting
- Ability to work autonomously to find new business opportunities
- Valid driver’s license and in good standing
Braeburn is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military/veteran status, age, disability, or any other category/characteristic protected by law (collectively, "Protected Categories"). In fact, we encourage all underrepresented classes to apply for any open job positions with the company.