$120-160k and attractive equity opportunities in the company you’re helping to build
Brace is a software-as-a-service technology provider whose initial focus is in the mortgage servicing space. We are entirely cloud-based and are looking for hard-working team members excited to undertake new challenges with us in a dynamic environment. We are a close-knit, diverse and focused team that sees a tremendous opportunity for building something truly special and looking for folks that are interested in coming along for the ride.
Joining our engineering team gives you access to work with the latest technologies and languages. While we are primarily a Java shop building REST APIs and a proprietary rules engine, there is plenty of room to get involved in other facets of our technology stack built upon things like Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, and Elixir, just to name a few.
* Ability to switch hats by moving from project-to-project and performing discrete tasks within the myriad components that comprise the Brace platform
* Comfortably coordinate and manage team projects, provide work estimates while also managing your own assigned work queue. Comfortable with accountability and speaking to the current tasks in progress in daily stand-ups with the rest of the team.
* Having clear communication skills and be able to speak with our business and product partners to realize requirements and specifications
* 5+ years of professional engineering experience
* Proficiency in core Java 8+ programming and object-oriented design skills
* Application architecture and design patterns, experience in building REST APIs
* Self-driven and comfortable working in a small team
* Competency in other modern programming languages such as Python, Elixir, Rust
* Experience with any of the following technologies:
* Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Functional and async programming paradigms
Benefits and Perks:
- Work/life balance
- Competitive salary
- stock options
- medical/vision and dental coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- healthcare and dependent FSA
- Hardware of your choice
Check us out in the news!