Application Development Engineer
at Blueprint Technologies
Charlotte, North Carolina or Las Colinas, Texas
Who is Blueprint?
Blueprint Technologies is a group of solution minded thinkers changing the face of Technology in Bellevue, WA. We follow a Mission, Vision, and Core Values that allow us to function as a collaborative unit.
What are our Solutions?
Blueprint is a technology solutions firm that connects strategy, product and delivery. We help companies digitally transform. We have a special focus in cloud and infrastructure, data platform and engineering, data science and analytics, organizational modernization and customer experience optimization.
Why you want to be a part of Blueprint?
We are innovators. Motivators. Thought provokers. And coffee drinkers. Our collective backgrounds bring diverse perspectives that enable us to consistently think differently. Our people are our solutions. We want you to bring your biggest and best ideas to help positively impact our culture, clients and the community around us. We believe in the importance of a healthy and happy team, which is why our benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as paid time off, 401k, paid volunteer hours and tuition reimbursement.
Blueprint is currently looking for an Application Development Engineer to work out of our office in Las Colinas, TX or Charlotte, NC.
Do you want to be a key leader in our client's fastest growing business and personally driving industry transformation to the Cloud? Are you passionate and excited about working directly with Enterprise customers and partners to ensure success as they transition their businesses to Windows 10?
The Windows 10 Customer Support team is looking for thoughtful, analytical, and high energy Application Development Engineers to join a new team that will be responsible for assisting in ensuring all applications are compatible with Windows upgrades for our Enterprise Customers. The Engineer role will be responsible for not only the technical aspects of troubleshooting applications, but this group will also provide guidance and support. You will help transform the traditional on premises deployment approach to an automated Onboarding Service.
- Execute, manage and lead a set of customers and partners thru the technical process of a Windows 7 to Windows 10 transition - Specifically, ensuring that applications are compatible between the Windows versions.
- Work with suppliers, customers, partners, and account teams to ensure existing applications are optimized to meet business needs.
- Leverage expert level knowledge of application management and associated products to strategically drive transition efforts.
- Resolve application compatibility issues with Windows 10/Windows as a Service (WaaS).
- Be responsive to customer needs – some of which may require availability outside of normal business hours.
- Analyze and communicate application and data compatibility issues to improve Windows products on a deep-dive level.
- Develop, foster, and maintain effective working relationships with engineering, marketing, Enterprise Services\Support and field sales and partner teams to deliver key business metrics.
- Strong background in reading multiple coding languages (C#, Java, etc.)
- Windows 10 Desktop and Web Applications development
- Developer and Desktop Support
- Customer Relationship management experience with the above technologies
- Strong organizational/time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Background in project and process management preferred.
- Proven ability to work across a “virtual team” that has remote team members and crosses organization boundaries.
- Able to regularly work in the office to foster a team culture that is highly collaborative and focused on making every customer experience perfect.
- Windows Desktop and/or Application Development competency: Possess the knowledge and (preferred) experience with Windows desktop management and/or application development to effectively communicate with customer and partner Windows application developers, and coordinate with Microsoft application compatibility engineers.
The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of customer support experience and 5 or more years of experience specific to Windows 10 Desktop/Web Applications Development. An understanding of processes and methods to troubleshoot customer issues and improve the customer experience. High attention to detail with the ability to understand complex workflow systems. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with small, medium, and enterprise business customers. Candidate should also have excellent oral communication skills, proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations.
Demonstrate IT Administrative working knowledge in; C# and various other coding languages, Office 365 Pro Plus targeting a supported version of Windows 10, including macros and add-ins, and Third-party independent software vendor (ISV) apps targeting a supported version of Windows 10.
FLSA - Job Classification: Exempt, Full Time Position.
Department: Solutions Delivery