Who is Blueprint?
Blueprint Technologies is a group of solution minded thinkers changing the face of Technology in Bellevue, WA. We follow a Mission, Vision, and Core Values that allow us to function as a collaborative unit.
What are our Solutions? Blueprint is a technology solutions firm that connects strategy, product and delivery. We help companies digitally transform. We have a special focus in cloud and infrastructure, data platform and engineering, data science and analytics, organizational modernization and customer experience optimization.
Why you want to be a part of Blueprint?
We are innovators. Motivators. Thought provokers. And coffee drinkers. Our collective backgrounds bring diverse perspectives that enable us to consistently think differently. Our people are our solutions. We want you to bring your biggest and best ideas to help positively impact our culture, clients and the community around us. We believe in the importance of a healthy and happy team, which is why our benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as paid time off, 401K, paid volunteer hours and tuition reimbursement. This is a fast-paced role that needs a dedicated and passionate individual focused on team and client satisfaction!
Blueprint Technologies is looking for a Combat AI Designer to join our growing team.
343 is looking for a Combat AI Designer to join us in building compelling combat with a focus on AI-controlled enemies and vehicles. The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of current AI Design, a proven record of collaborating and communicating cross-discipline, and has experience building and tuning challenging encounters. A Designer in this role can expect to work on all gameplay areas of Halo AI, including enemies, friendlies, non-combatants, pre- and post-combat AI, as well as vehicle AI.
- Work closely with other AI Designers to create compelling AI combatants.
- Ensure that all other disciplines working on characters have the clear design goals they will need to perform their work.
- Seek out input and ideas from other disciplines and teams to ensure that all character needs are met across all game modes.
- Prototype systems and new characters quickly with script and proxy assets to prove out all-new gameplay.
- Work closely with Engineers to build new gameplay features for use in AI systems and on new characters.
- Work closely with Sandbox and Campaign Designers to make the core gameplay loop shine in shipping encounters.
- Take systems and characters from prototype through production, final tuning and shipping.
- Work with User Research to verify that the player experience of characters and AI systems is clear, fun and supports different levels of skill.
- Gather feedback from playtests to inform tuning and iteration.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- 1+ shipped AAA title or equivalent experience.
- Scripting experience (Lua a plus).
- Familiarity with game engines/tools Unreal, Frostbite, Unity etc).
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in communicating design needs and goals across disciplines.
- React positively to design critiques, and turn feedback into stronger designs through iteration.
- Positive, self-starting attitude.
- 3+ years relevant game development experience.
- Ability to demonstrate analysis of combat AI in at least one Halo game, and discuss strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience in successfully pitching ideas, strategic initiatives, and game concepts to peers and leads.
Passion for creative enemy design through compelling AI combatants.