Who is Blueprint?
Blueprint Technologies is a group of solution minded thinkers changing the face of Technology in Bellevue, WA. We follow a Mission, Vision, and Core Values that allow us to function as a collaborative unit.
What are our Solutions? Blueprint is a technology solutions firm that connects strategy, product and delivery. We help companies digitally transform. We have a special focus in cloud and infrastructure, data platform and engineering, data science and analytics, organizational modernization and customer experience optimization.
Why you want to be a part of Blueprint?
We are innovators. Motivators. Thought provokers. And coffee drinkers. Our collective backgrounds bring diverse perspectives that enable us to consistently think differently. Our people are our solutions. We want you to bring your biggest and best ideas to help positively impact our culture, clients and the community around us. We believe in the importance of a healthy and happy team, which is why our benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as paid time off, 401K, paid volunteer hours and tuition reimbursement. This is a fast-paced role that needs a dedicated and passionate individual focused on team and client satisfaction!
Blueprint Technologies is looking for a Narrative Combat Chatter Designer to join our growing team.
The Narrative Combat Chatter Designer is responsible for the co-creation and technical implementation of systemic dialog across the entire game. This role reports to the Lead Character Designer and will be relied upon to collaborate with other designers, programmers, and writers to implement systemic dialog content using game editor and scripting systems.
· Manage the systemic dialogue system for both Campaign and Multiplayer teams using scripting tools and data management programs.
· Collaborate with other disciplines in designing systemically triggered dialog using the game editor and scripting systems.
· Work closely with Narrative Programmers to establish systemic dialog needs while managing the interactions between story dialogue and systemic dialogue.
· Establish and implement location names throughout campaign and multiplayer environments for use in the systemic dialogue system.
· Collaborate with the Lead Writer and Narrative Designers to implement story elements into the systemic system.
· Prototype and iterate on character voices to prove and define a character’s voice and personality in relation to other characters.
· Prototype gameplay scenarios and simulate encounters to define dialogue needs while working with audio engineers.
Required Qualifications & Skills
· 2+ years of technical game design experience with at least one AAA title shipped, preferably in a Narrative Design role.
· Experience working with scripting languages (Lua, C#, etc.).
· Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Experienced problem solver with a focus on debugging game design issues.
· Professional experience working with game tools (Unreal, Frostbite, Unity, etc.).
· Background in narrative design, either writing, cinematic development, and/or storyboarding.
· Professional creative writing experience.
· Strong sense for story pacing within action level design.
· Familiarity with designing game development tools.
· Passion for the Halo franchise.