Who is Blueprint?
Blueprint Technologies is a group of solution minded thinkers changing the face of Technology in Bellevue, WA. We follow a Mission, Vision, and Core Values that allow us to function as a collaborative unit.
What are our Solutions? Blueprint is a technology solutions firm that connects strategy, product and delivery. We help companies digitally transform. We have a special focus in cloud and infrastructure, data platform and engineering, data science and analytics, organizational modernization and customer experience optimization.
Why you want to be a part of Blueprint?
We are innovators. Motivators. Thought provokers. And coffee drinkers. Our collective backgrounds bring diverse perspectives that enable us to consistently think differently. Our people are our solutions. We want you to bring your biggest and best ideas to help positively impact our culture, clients and the community around us. We believe in the importance of a healthy and happy team, which is why our benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as paid time off, 401K, paid volunteer hours and tuition reimbursement. This is a fast-paced role that needs a dedicated and passionate individual focused on team and client satisfaction!
Blueprint Technologies is looking for a Lighting Artist to join our growing team.
- Creation of static and dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
- Lighting single player, multiplayer and cinematics at a high level of quality.
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to increase the fidelity of the lighting to enhance the levels visuals and gameplay experience.
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as: light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Document lighting processes and technology.
- Manage lighting solutions within our memory and performance guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- A good understanding of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections, occlusions etc.
- Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and champion executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Organization, planning and prioritization skills
- Experience lighting within a real-time game engine
- Experienced Photoshop user
- Experience with Maya