Who is Blueprint?
Blueprint Technologies is a group of solution minded thinkers changing the face of Technology in Bellevue, WA. We follow a Mission, Vision, and Core Values that allow us to function as a collaborative unit.
What are our Solutions? Blueprint is a technology solutions firm that connects strategy, product and delivery. We help companies digitally transform. We have a special focus in cloud and infrastructure, data platform and engineering, data science and analytics, organizational modernization and customer experience optimization.
Why you want to be a part of Blueprint?
We are innovators. Motivators. Thought provokers. And coffee drinkers. Our collective backgrounds bring diverse perspectives that enable us to consistently think differently. Our people are our solutions. We want you to bring your biggest and best ideas to help positively impact our culture, clients and the community around us. We believe in the importance of a healthy and happy team, which is why our benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as paid time off, 401K, paid volunteer hours and tuition reimbursement. This is a fast-paced role that needs a dedicated and passionate individual focused on team and client satisfaction!
Blueprint Technologies is looking for a Systems Designer to join our growing team.
We are looking for a Systems Designer to work on our Sandbox that spans across all of our experiences set in the Halo universe. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of the theory and craft of combat systems design. This individual is responsible for helping design and finely tune the movement, weapons, and vehicle experiences among a host of other items. This individual must demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with artists, animators, producers, and others. They have a passion for creating a finely tuned sandbox shooter experience and have an exceptionally high bar for gameplay quality.
- Implement Weapons/Vehicles/Player Abilities from paper design through ship under the guidance of the Lead Weapon/Vehicle/Player Designer.
- Script gameplay capabilities such as weapon functionality, vehicle tuning, and player abilities.
- Work closely with all disciplines, such as 3d art, engineering, animation, fx, audio, and test to ensure cohesive player experience.
- Work closely with engineers to develop and maintain level building functionality.
- Playtest and iterate on content to ensure highest quality.
- Embrace the philosophy that there are multiple effective designs that can fulfill a goal.
- Highly motivated and contributes to a positive working environment.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years working as a developing core mechanics on a first person/third person shooter title
- Deep understanding of gameplay and game design theories and practices
- Proficient in using game editing software such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.
- Experience in using a text based scripting language (C#, LUA, UnityScript, etc.)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A love for shooters in general