BoxyCharm was founded in 2013 and continues to be a leader in the beauty subscription box industry experiencing immense growth of more than 100% year over year. We work with some of the hottest brands including Butter London, Dr. Brandt, Elemis, GlamGlow, Smashbox, Tarte, Too Faced and many more. Today, Boxy Charm has a community of more than 2.4 million followers across its social media platforms, 10 million monthly visitors online and is the #1 searched beauty box brand on YouTube. In 2018,Incmagazine named it as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation. Boxy Charm is headquartered in South Florida and has an office in Toronto, Canada.
The Cloud Architect is responsible for designing and architecting multi cloud solutions in AWS and Azure. Design and build massively scalable systems with high reliability and low cost on AWS.
You should have breadth and depth of knowledge and experience across a wide range of cloud solutions, mainly in AWS, a strong networking background, and a team first attitude. The Cloud Architect is responsible for identification and selection of appropriate cloud services based on requirements and constraints, has deep subject matter expertise, and can evaluate new technologies for fit in current infrastructure architecture.
You will collaborate with the VP of Cloud Engineering and work alongside our Cloud and Software engineering, Data Analytics, Project Management and Information Security verticals in pushing the envelope of a high-volume cloud service to scale and address security, reliability, performance, availability of the Production AWS and other cloud infrastructures and operations.
What you will be doing
- Research and provide timely and expert advice on emerging trends and technologies impacting AWS and Azure and other Cloud vendor services and security.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adoption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Identify and design the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Work closely with application development and infrastructure teams on day-to-day tasks along with project planning and implementation
- Identify potential areas for service improvement and present them to the Cloud Engineering Department Team.
- Partner with DevOps, developers, qa and product owners to prioritize and execute improvements to the platform.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex engineering tasks
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications Consultation
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations.
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
What you will bring to the table
- Minimum 5 years of AWS/Cloud architecture experience.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or Professional is required
- Excellent understanding of major AWS services such as Aurora RDS, Elasticache-Redis, LoadBalancers, Security Groups, ASG, EC2, EFS, Cloud Watch, Security Hub, EFS or Fargate, serverless computing with Lambda.
- Working knowledge of Azure services. Being able to analyze and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Have a good understanding of ETL and Cloud Data Warehousing processes.
- Well versed in AWS Well Architected Framework
- Strong DevOps CI/CD knowledge and experience of various DevOps tools.
- Have strong experience with SIEM solutions as Sumologic, Elastic or Elk. Be proficient in building KPI reporting dashboards.
- Proficiency of monitoring tools as Newrelic, Dynatrace, Datadog and other monitoring tools.
- Experience working with site performance testing tools as Jmeter, Loadrunner, Octoperf
- Be able to work in an agile and high demanding environment.
- Strong teamwork cultural skills. Experience leading cross functional project teams and groups.
- Expert in major Cloud infrastructure vendors and providers.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate or Professional is preferred
- Magento eCommerce platform experience and PHP knowledge is nice to have