At Box, we believe in building products that delight users. The Box web application is the most visible and most heavily trafficked product in the Box ecosystem. The investments the applications team will be making over the next couple of years will have a disproportionate amount of impact and will directly influence Box's success as a company.
The mission for this team is to transform the way teams collaborate around content. We have 85000 enterprise customers and 40 Million end users and our goal is elevate the experience for these users and accelerate growth for Box by building the best collaboration and sharing experiences at Box. You will routinely find yourself brainstorming and working closely with senior leadership including our CEO on a regular basis and get to learn from them.
Who You Are:
- You have experience with at least one modern front-end framework such as React or Angular
- Experience with building and maintaining REST APIs
- You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Most importantly, you like to have lots of fun with a great team, while working on challenging problems.
Why the Applications team needs you As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on Applications, you'll join a highly collaborative team building a wide variety of web experiences on top of our platform. You'll work with small, self-organized teams to plan, architect, build, and deploy complex user-facing features that will enable Box users share, collaborate, manipulate, and manage their content in ways they have never imagined.
Why you need Box: You want to challenge yourself with interesting problems around user experience, scale, accessibility, performance, and security – and you want to do it on a modern tech stack with mature engineering processes surrounded by fun, smart, supportive teammates who care about building a wonderful product. This team is a highly visible, high impact, fast-paced and exciting place to be at Box.
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Make your first change to production (week one).
- Ramp up on the product and learn about the business needs of the team.
- Work with teammates to build familiarity with our full-stack codebase and stack (React, HTML, CSS, and PHP).
- Work with your manager to set actionable career goals.
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Build and deploy your first major production feature.
- Have a deep understanding of the business goals behind the team's efforts.
- Help the team find and hire more talented engineers who are lovely to work with.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Own major feature areas of the application.
- Be a trusted and influential voice beyond the team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as teammates in product, QA, design and beyond.
- Teach and mentor new engineers.
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Make significant contributions to engineering across Box by advancing our standards, inventing new patterns or approaches, or introducing tools and technology to make our teams more effective.
- Make significant strides toward the next step in your career.
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest dreams. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and administer their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit