WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Our Design System Team will be responsible for implementing UI/UX improvements that enable other teams to build web and mobile apps efficiently. One of the goals of this team is to make feature development faster and easier across teams. A core part of the responsibility is to maintain the internal Design System in order to help drive consistency and reusability of frontend experiences across Box.
Who we're looking for: We're looking for an experienced engineering professional who is willing and able to make architectural improvements on existing functionality. We expect you to raise the quality bar for the organization as well and always thinking ahead to making development easier. We would like you to be comfortable working at web scale with enterprise-grade practices, and is aware of tradeoffs brought by every decision.
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience as a frontend engineer with a focus on design system development
- You have experience making front end architectural improvements
- Experience with component-based architectures and css preprocessors (e.g., SASS, LESS)
- Experience with FE testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Cypress, Selenium)
- In-depth understanding of design principles, user-centered design, and accessibility standards
- You have experience working with enterprise codebases
- You have in mind the impact that your decisions bring while implemented for large scale
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- You speak English proficiently
Nice to have:
- Experience with GraphQL and Webpack
- Previous experience on a Design System team
- Previous experience in leading or mentoring other engineers
Candidate will be expected to:
- Maintain Design System support and contributions
- Attend weekly stand ups, sprint planning / retrospectives, team meetings, manager 1:1s
- Maintain and refactor one or more legacy codebases
- Provide input in implementing standards across all product teams at Box
- Help on-board new team members and mentor junior engineers
- Participate in production on-call rotation with your team members
- You will be an ambassador of Box Poland, representing the company and your team internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 40% research/investigation
- 20% coding
- 10% bug fixes
- 15% documentation
- 15% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum/Kanban (whatever makes sense and don’t bring overhead)
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHub, Confluence
- Code reviews - GitHub
- Version control system - GitHub