WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is seeking an experienced sales compensation professional to join our Global Sales Compensation Design team within our Go-to-Market Operations (GTM Operations) organization. This team is responsible for the design of all sales compensation plans at Box. In this role, you will share responsibility for driving the sales compensation strategy and the compensation design process and work with other GTM operations team members to increase go-to-market efficiency. You will also interface with the accounting team responsible for commissions processing and payments.
Box's GTM Operations team supports the sales organization through analytics, deal management, and business processes that enable us to sell Box’s products and services to organizations of all sizes across the globe. The development of best-in-class sales compensation plans is a key motivator for the sales organization, and plan details receive visibility at the highest levels of the company. In this role, you must be comfortable with ambiguity, disciplined in execution and enjoy regularly interfacing with executives and senior sales leaders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner closely with Sr. Director, Sales Operations & Sales Compensation, VP of GTM Operations, COO, CRO, CFO, Controller and Finance teams during the fiscal year planning and annual sales compensation design process
- Work with sales leaders to ensure compensation plans are aligned with company strategies and targets for customer segments and regions
- Develop innovative, best-in-class sales compensation plans to motivate sales reps worldwide
- Develop robust cost model and forecast for proposed sales compensation plan designs
- Publish quarterly sales compensation reporting package for sales and executive leadership
- Be a trusted advisor on sales compensation plan design details across Box
- Partner with Accounting team during the monthly commissions process
- Partner with and guide implementation team to ensure plan designs and calculations are built to specifications
- Provide training and enablement material to promote understanding of compensation plans
- Be the liaison between GTM Operations and Accounting team on relevant sales compensation questions
- Lead and drive adjacent GTM Operations projects in the areas of go-to-market strategy
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years in sales compensation design, sales operations, and/or sales finance
- Business or technical undergraduate degree; MBA preferred
- Management consulting experience preferred
- Strong financial modeling skills using Excel; Tableau and SQL
- Experience working with sales compensation plans for a fast growing sales organization
- Focus on execution excellence: You know how to execute tasks and projects, are detail oriented, organized, and have integrity that would make mom proud!
- Proven ability to influence: You engage well with people at all levels, you listen actively and are able to find win-win solutions for difficult topics and situations
- Superb communications abilities: You are a natural at knowing your audience and are able to communicate effectively through numerous channels
- Strong bias for action: You have an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity and natural perseverance
- A natural team player: We are a small team so you should be comfortable helping out wherever it is needed
- Experience working with Salesforce required
- Experience working with Xactly strongly preferred; other SaaS software (e.g., Workday, Anaplan, etc.) a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, and we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience.
Box makes reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please complete this form. Reasonable accommodations may include scheduling adjustments, document dictation and beyond.
Notice to applicants in Los Angeles: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. If you are a California-resident, please read our California Applicant & Candidate Privacy Notice here.