WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal. By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies, who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.
Designers on the Apps and Foundation team are focused on building a world-class experience for Box end users. We support development of the web, mobile, and desktop apps, as well as Box Notes, Canvas, Hubs, and the Design System. We also continually work to generally improve the experience around content creation, collaboration, and sharing. Given the sheer scope of the surface area we cover, designers on this team have the opportunity to work on problems large and small, and contribute to more than one of these surface areas on a regular basis.
This is a unique opportunity in that designers at all levels have the autonomy and ownership to be design leaders within their product teams, yet are genuinely supported by the broader design team.
- 3+ years of meaningful product design experience.
- Proficient with standard industry design and prototyping tools (Figma, Creative Cloud, Invision,
- Proficient in design thinking methods to validate and ship meaningful user experiences.
- Assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a
time sensitive manner.
- A portfolio of outstanding product work that showcases strong visual design, interaction, and
- Must speak English proficiently.
- Experience participating in usability tests and design sprints.
- Experience using data and tools to inform design and product decisions.
Candidate will be expected to:
- Craft intuitive design flows, sketches, prototypes, and high-fidelity UI for products and
- Attend and engage in weekly stand-ups, team meetings, manager 1:1s.
- Work cross-functionally with our product and engineering partners, facilitate design
discussions, and ensure design quality.
- Participate in the full product development process from research to shipment.
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally.
- 60% design
- 25% research and documentation
- 15% meetings
- Design tools — Figma, Sketch, Invision, Principle
- Project tracking tool — Jira
- Design system — Zeplin
- Version control system — GIT
Head-over-heels about this role — but not sure if you meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Box, we take a big-picture approach to hiring that fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. If you're passionate about this opportunity, chances are, you shine pretty bright.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, and we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.