WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers 100,000+ businesses, including many top Fortune 500 companies who trust our secure collaboration platform to manage the entire content lifecycle.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for a leader who will own the secure application design pillar on the Application Security Engineering team. This person will own design reviews, threat modeling, penetration testing and product security enhancements.
This leader must have strong technical and people leadership capabilities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive technical excellence and implementation of secure engineering practices such as design & code reviews, threat modeling, penetration testing, continuous integration, and security focused behavior-driven development.
- Enhance program strategy for API security, mergers and acquisitions evaluations, and open source security
- Define strategy and drive implementation of integrated secure practices within software development paved path
- Lead and develop a highly skilled team of security engineers to deliver measurable outcomes
- Develop metrics and analysis that identifies the key performance drivers, strategies, and opportunities for enhancements
- Provide guidance and training on secure coding practices
- Define and own OKRs that support secure application design strategy
- Partner with software engineering and product management leaders to define and implement secure development practices and controls
WHO YOU ARE
- You understand secure engineering best practices, can articulate problem statements and propose solutions to both technically savvy and non-technical audiences
- You have experience pen testing web and mobile applications
- You understand the various threat modeling and pen testing frameworks
- You have a growth mindset, push yourself towards excellence and focus on continuous functional improvements
- You are a curious person who looks at problem statements and can clearly propose actionable solutions
- You have a passion for cyber security demonstrated through participation/leadership in conferences, webinars, Capture the Flag (CTF), TryHackMe, Bug Bounty, Submission of CVEs and/or personal projects
- Strong understanding of past, current, and emerging security exploits
- 5+ years of experience with application security, software development, defining security architecture, and implementing software security solutions
- 5+ years of experience with triaging vulnerabilities, security testing tools, defining security controls and software penetration testing
- 3+ years of experience with leading technical teams in an application security function
- Experience working with complex and diverse applications tech stacks
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10, Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Static Application Security Testing (SAST), and Threat Modeling tools
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, React, Node JS, PHP, Scala, C and/or Python
- Understand how to detect and prioritize vulnerabilities in Front End, API's, Microservices, Mobile and Containers
- Familiar with common build/automation tooling: ex. Jenkins, GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation.Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Inclusiveness is core to our culture at Box, and we strive to ensure you get the most from your interview experience.
Box makes reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please complete this form Reasonable accommodations may include scheduling adjustments, document dictation and beyond.
Notice to applicants in Los Angeles: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. If you are a California-resident, please read our California Applicant & Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Box is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Actual base salary is dependent upon factors such as: knowledge, skill level, experience, and work location. This role is also eligible for equity and benefits. For more information on benefits, check out our healthcare benefits and additional Box Benefits + Perks.