WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box Shield is an industry leading product that provides frictionless security to protect the flow of content as our customers collaborate on Box. Threat Protection team within Shield is responsible for protecting our customers from malware/ransomware and providing mitigating capabilities. The team also leverages machine learning to detect user behavior anomalies. As the team responsible for protecting our customers from the emerging threats, we always look for new ways to blow our customers minds and you can help!
Are you an experienced and inspiring engineering leader? Are you obsessed with building products that makes use of best-in-class modern architecture, and add value to businesses around the globe? Then this is the place for you. You will make decisions that shape our product, future architecture, and business goals. As a technical leader you will lead key initiatives from inception to successful deployment, working closely with cross functional partners. You will drive effective execution to make business impact while developing your team members.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a team of experienced engineers in the US (and possibly other regions over time)
- Plan, execute and deliver engineering projects using Agile methodology
- Develop your team members via one-on-ones, career planning, and coaching discussions
- Define team's objectives and key results (OKR) and ensure they are aligned with Box's business goals
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering Leaders, and cross functional stakeholders to create the team's roadmap and execution plan
- Lead by example and follow Box values
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years experience as a software engineering manager owning high-scale production services
- 5+ years experience building software applications for large scale distributed systems
- Experience driving effective execution with agile processes in a highly dynamic environment
- Able to build alignment and execute on new technical ideas
- Act as an owner with a strong focus on impact
- Strong communicator, able to build a compelling vision for their team
- Preferred Skills
- Past ML experience or interest in that area
- Prior experience in the security domain
- Leading cross functional projects
- Coaching and developing management bench in the team
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits: https://join.collectivehealth.com/box
- For all other benefits, please check out: Box Benefits + Perks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.