What is Box:
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organisations to accelerate their digital transformation by building a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
It is with that backdrop that we are opening our newest engineering office in Warsaw, Poland! In order to transform the way people and organisations work, we need to rapidly bring to market new products and features. By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
About the Team:
Canvas team is building one of our most interesting products - a whiteboard enabling collaboration between the teams no matter the distance (https://www.box.com/canvas). The solution will be a part of Box product-suite and will be used by millions of users worldwide. We're currently looking for seasoned android focused engineers to join our team and help us create the best possible experience for mobile users as well.
You have 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- You display strong technical leadership qualities and are enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack.
You're able to collaborate well with your team mates local or remote.
You bring significant experience in mobile frameworks, and a strong knowledge of software design principles
You are proficient in Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Coroutines.
Experience with 2D/3D graphics and websockets would be a plus.
You are passionate about growing, and developing those around you.
You engage in thoughtful investigation of data to compliment decision making.
What you’ll do:
- Work on one of the most exciting Box new products, including building and refactoring foundational components to add new capabilities in order to deliver great developer and user experience.
- Work on high visibility large scale projects that will have profound impact on the app architecture and infrastructure to make it more scalable, secure and performant.
- Develop high quality design documents for a project.
- Promote best practices by delivering robust, maintainable and well tested code with clear documentation and contribute to up-levelling the team through code & design review process.
- Build the technical foundation to accelerate development of future features and experiences.
- Learn with us. Most of us are part of mentoring relationships, so we can continue to grow ourselves, and those around us.
- Tech stack: Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Coroutines, experience with 2D/3D graphics would be a plus
- Testing: Unit tests, UI/Functional tests
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHub, Confluence
- Code reviews - GitHub
- Version control system - GitHub
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.