The FinOps initiative inside box is expanding and this role will help build the data platform engineering features and capabilities of the cloud cost management platform.
In this role you will be working alongside our team connecting data sources, keeping the data current, building the primary user interfaces, and automating the ETL pipelines that power the insights being used to drive box cloud cost efficiencies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with a team of high-performing data science and FinOps professionals to identify business opportunities, design and build scalable data solutions
- Build and own data pipelines that clean, transform, and aggregate data from disparate sources
- Create table definitions, file formats, compression techniques for structured and semi-structured data processes
- Build and operate enterprise grade data platforms expertise and managing complex data systems operations
- Influence across teams and other functions, build best practices across the organization
- 5+ Years of relevant industry or relevant academia experience working with large amounts of data
- Experience with SQL/Relational Databases
- Experience with GCP (BigQuery, Dataproc, Dataflow/Fusion )
- Understanding of Cloud Finance/Economics is a plus
- Experience with manipulating structured and unstructured data
- Background with at least one programming language, preferably in Python
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience working cross-functionally between Finance, Engineering, and Senior Management departments