What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
About the team:
We're currently looking for an experienced Full-Stack Engineer (with major focus on backend) to join our Notes Team. The Team owns Notes, Tasks, Notification Center, and Commenting for Box's platform. The functionality that this team builds is used by our largest cohorts of users (versus just admin users). They are the only true real-time service at Box, using web sockets to deliver a real-time editing product. It's a complex problem space that we are experts in, and it's a great team to join if you want to level up by being challenged in a super supportive environment.
- Around 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Node.js is a must. Knowledge of any other server-side language is a plus.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with React or other modern JS framework - nice to have
- Own and drive projects from an abstract notion to gathering requirements to scoping and prioritization to implementation, testing, and release
- Assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager, team members, and stakeholders in a time sensitive manner
- Must speak and write English proficiently
Candidate will be expected to:
- Attend and engage in weekly stand ups, team meetings, manager 1:1s
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members, and teams across multiple time zones
- Demonstrate independence and the ability to partner successfully with all stakeholders, communicating effectively in the available channels
- Lead projects to completion, from requirements gathering, to project planning, to architecting and designing, to coding, setting up integrations, manual and automated testing, setting up monitoring and alerting, writing internal and external documentation, and managing the deployment
- Participate in our on-call rotation, available at all times while on-call to help respond to and triage any issues that arise
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 50% coding, documentation, & bug fixes
- 25% architecture and design work
- 15% coaching junior engineers and certain local leadership tasks
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Collaboration - Slack, Email
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise, Confluence, StackOverflow, Box Notes
- Code reviews - GitHubEnterprise
- Version control system - GIT
- Monitoring & alerting - PagerDuty, Wavefront
- Interviewing - GreenHouse
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.