What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Why Box Needs You?
We're a diverse mix of backgrounds and skillsets and each of us makes a big difference every day. We need engineers that know how to run enterprise-grade services and is passionate about combining software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Box’s SRE organization ensures that Box’s customers have a highly reliable, performant experience while enabling developers to excel at what they do best — quickly iterate and deliver a world-class product. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
You will be part of the inaugural SRE organization, where you will have the unique opportunity to bring your expertise during the exciting phase of Box’s journey to a cloud-first environment. You will enjoy flexing your technical and visionary muscles and get to work with cutting-edge technologies that will define the future of Box. You will have visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
What You’ll Do?
- You will build software, frameworks, and tools required for reliable operations of Box's services across multiple cloud environments.
- You will manage the stability and operation of several of Box's most critical production applications through application reviews, capacity planning, and performance tuning.
- You will be constantly developing automations/tooling for better platform reliability/availability.
- You will work with cutting-edge & distributed systems such as Kubernetes, Zookeeper, Istio, Kafka and ElasticSearch.
- You will collaborate with other engineers on the team as well as cross functionally to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values.
- You will participate in various POCs on new projects and frameworks being evaluated for the product/platforms.
- You will improve our observability as both a developer/maintainer of systems/frameworks, and a mentor to our product development teams.
Who You Are?
- You have 8+ years of experience using higher level languages (e.g. Python or Go).
- You have experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, databases, storage systems, orchestration and/or observability platforms.
- You have experience in supporting critical production services.
- You enjoy hands-on troubleshooting in a distributed Linux systems environment and are comfortable in tracing problems through applications, systems and networks.
- You have hands-on experience with modern cloud technologies like GCP, AWS, or/and Kubernetes.
- You have experience using industry standard DevOps tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Puppet, Terraform.
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions.
Requirements That Are Welcome:
- You have experience with service observability best practices and tools (e.g., Splunk, ELK, Wavefront, SignalFx or the like).
- Working knowledge of Terraform, Terragrunt or/and Calico for Kubernetes.
Candidate Will Be Expected To:
- Attend and engage in weekly stand ups, team meetings, manager 1:1s
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members and across teams
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.