WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box Search powers content discovery for millions of users and hundreds of billions of documents. The amount of content our customers are storing within Box is growing at an unprecedented rate. In turn, browsing through a file tree has become increasingly difficult, leaving Search as the de facto way for knowledge workers to connect with the content they need to do critical elements of their jobs. Search not only powers end user experiences across mobile, desktop, and web but also the applications built by our customers via the Search API. More internal and external features are being built on top of the Search backend continuously and it is now a critical portion of user facing products and customer built applications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own, align and drive the roadmap for our Search API, capabilities and platform.
- Scale out the Search Infrastructure as it grows at an exponential rate
- Power new Search features for future innovative products on the Box roadmap
- Work on a large scale installation of Solr/Lucene
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You like to be an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching, as well as learning from other engineers
- Excitement toward building distributed, client/server systems, especially in the web application space
- Enjoy crafting elegant and scalable solutions
- Have a passion for solving multi-data center scalability problems
- You've built, deployed, and supported backend asynchronous services
- Remote friendly
- Proficiency in an object oriented language such as Java, Scala, or C++
- BS+ degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency with distributed systems
- 5+ years of industry experience
Nice To Have Experience:
- Solr/Lucene or other information retrieval engines
- Kubernetes or similar container orchestrator
- Public cloud systems such as AWS, GCP, Azure or equivalent
- Scala and a MapReduce framework
- Queuing systems such as Kafka or equivalents
LEARN MORE ABOUT BOX SEARCH
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process and an employee’s employment at Box.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To promote the health and safety of all Boxers and our communities, in order to "Go to Work" at Box in the U.S., you must be Fully Vaccinated and “up to date” as defined by the CDC or have an approved accommodation. "Go(ing) to Work" at Box is defined as visiting a Box office, facility, or co-working site, visiting or meeting in person with fellow Boxers, Box clients and/or customers, vendors, or partners, engaging in business travel, and or participating in any Box-sponsored and/or related activity where others are present. If you are fully remote and do not "Go to Work,” the vaccination requirement is not applicable. "Fully Vaccinated" means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, a sincerely-held religious belief or another legally recognized reason, Box will consider requests for an accommodation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our