WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Our Mobile and Web Apps Foundation Team is responsible for implementing features and architectural improvements that enable other teams to build web and mobile apps efficiently. The goal of this team is to make feature development faster and easier across teams. If you enjoy working with new technologies and tools and finding solutions to hard hitting problems that developers face, this is the team for you. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements. You will innovate alongside other senior members of the team and across Box on our road to excellence.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work across organizational and team boundaries in order to drive decisions that align with our future architecture, product, and business goals.
- Work on significant technology initiatives from inception to successful deployment, across multiple layers of architecture.
- Build platforms and services that enable our application developers to focus on building awesome products and do their best work.
- Write detailed technical documentation that can convey architectural and product details in a way that can be consumed by the various application teams that use them.
- Make architectural improvements as well as maintain existing functionality in the legacy codebases.
- Provide inputs and expert guidance across all levels of architectures and mentor other engineers in the team.
- Participate, influence and decide on key decision in company wide architectural reviews.
WHO YOU ARE
- 8+ years experience of professional software development experience
- You have experience designing, building, and deploying high quality software
- You have a passion for building distributed client/server systems at large scale
- You have experience working with Java or any other server-side language
- You have a passion for learning new technologies and being on the cutting edge of advances in full stack development
- You are excited about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Remote friendly
- Experience with GraphQL and Webpack
- Experience with Google Cloud Services
- Experience with FE testing frameworks
- Experience working with legacy codebases
- For more information regarding our benefits, please visit our page .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process and an employee’s employment at Box.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .