WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We build applications that bring the power of Box's content platform to where users get their work done - on their Windows and MacOS devices. Our desktop applications help users access and collaborate on their documents from cloud with the familiarity of their local computer and local applications.
In this role, you will work on the most used Box client application, Box Drive, which streams files directly to users' desktops from the cloud - seamlessly and at scale. Your impact will reach millions of users, who use Box Drive to get their work done on a day-to-day basis. We are looking for a teammate, who will help us build delightful experiences for our users, and continuously improve our technical foundation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll collaborate with, learn from and/or mentor a team of talented engineers in both our headquarters and the Warsaw office
- You'll work with product managers, QA engineers, designers, cross functional teams and customer-advocates to design, build, and ship end-to-end experiences for our users
- You'll work across the stack of Box desktop applications that include everything from virtual file systems, data persistence, OS integrations, network communication, synchronization and user interfaces
- You'll dig deep into pain-points our users experience and help solve their problems
- You'll seek complex problems related to performance, handling large file-systems with millions of objects, interprocess communication, advanced security and more
- You'll lead or participate in various design, planning and architecture discussions
- You'll research and propose various design approaches and present corresponding pros and cons to fellow engineers and management
- You'll maintain and improve our in-house tools and frameworks such as the CI pipeline and monitoring frameworks
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 5+ years of experience developing application software in desktop environments
- You are proficient in one or more of the following: C++, C#, Python
- You have strong design and architecture skills
- You are familiar with modern unit-testing and functional-testing methodologies
- You have a history of collaboration and success in small, high-velocity agile teams
- You have a passion for building user-friendly, performant, secure software
- You have excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You have built Windows client applications and experience in systems-level programming (Win32 APIs, multi-threading, Interprocess Communication, pipes, COM)
- You have experience in developing macOS client applications
- You have experience in Swift/Objective-C
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process and an employee’s employment at Box.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To promote the health and safety of all Boxers and our communities, in order to "Go to Work" at Box in the U.S., you must be Fully Vaccinated and “up to date” as defined by the CDC or have an approved accommodation. "Go(ing) to Work" at Box is defined as visiting a Box office, facility, or co-working site, visiting or meeting in person with fellow Boxers, Box clients and/or customers, vendors, or partners, engaging in business travel, and or participating in any Box-sponsored and/or related activity where others are present. If you are fully remote and do not "Go to Work,” the vaccination requirement is not applicable. "Fully Vaccinated" means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, a sincerely-held religious belief or another legally recognized reason, Box will consider requests for an accommodation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our