What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Why Box Needs You?
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are undergoing a massive change in how we run our services in hybrid cloud and need to innovate and build the right frameworks using latest and greatest technologies to help us automate & effectively manage at scale. We are undergoing a massive change in how we run our services and need to dramatically improve our OS lifecycle. That's where you come in.
The CaaS team owns Box's OS Lifecycle tools, providing the key platforms for Box's customers. You will bring your expertise in designing and deploying production-grade, highly secure and performant Linux distributions to provide increased value across all services. You have a strong desire to minimize Day 2 operations and will be a major influencer and driver for the company's OS lifecycle. We're looking for an expert who is proficient with hardening, building, and maintaining OS images optimized for public cloud.
If you are passionate about working on technologies and design approaches that are disruptive to incumbent Enterprise players, like Open Source, tooling and automation and agile concepts, and are interested in opportunities to work at massive scale, we may have just the job for you. We're looking for highly motivated and hardworking engineer for our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) team to own our global OS lifecycle.
You're going to have the opportunity to architect, build and support the OS in use companywide, setting best practices from a security, performance, and feature-set perspective. Your work will directly impact all Product and Ops teams and you will have impact across all of Engineering. Additionally, you will be joining a team responsible for designing and supporting large IaaS, PaaS, and observability environments to provide growth areas for your career.
Who you are?
You take an SRE mindset to everything you own, ensuring availability, performance and security are core components.
- You have 3+ years of experience in production operations and at least 2+ years of recent experience installing, configuring and deploying Linux based operating systems.
- You have expertise in the relevant technologies (RHEL 8, SELinux) in a large-production environment.
- You are proficient with Linux OS hardening (applying OS STIGs, CIS Benchmarks, SELinux).
- You demonstrate knowledge of CI/CD process and framework to build/update base OS images.
- You are comfortable with common infrastructure tools.
- You embrace and want to drive towards an Infrastructure-as-Code model, supporting ephemeral, immutable, auto-scalable workloads.
- You have experience building automations, preferably with Python.
- You have a demonstrable proficiency with cloud technologies (preferably with GCP) and experience with migrations.
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions.
- You inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers.
- You are able to automate solutions for complex & repetitive problems and passionate about solving hard problems.
The team owns the the base OS (RHEL 8), and the pipeline that delivers it, including requirements gathering, architecting and maintaining the OS configuration
- Configuration management - Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Drive improvements to the OS CI/CD pipeline to ensure consistent, validated images through environments and platforms.
- Partner in security, auditabilty, and hardening processes.
- Point of contact for compliance for audits of the base OS.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice. For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.