What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box helps enterprises transform how people work together. We have the power to help our customers upload faster, be more creative, and get work done more efficiently. Every code iteration makes an impact, and together we will change the world. We are here to listen, learn, and grow from you, too.
In order to transform the way people and organizations work, we need to rapidly bring to market new products and features. In turn, Box Engineering needs to rapidly build critical business delivering applications that can power those products and features. Many of our backend engineering teams are responsible for building necessary frameworks, tools, and platform products that enable the rest of Box to rapidly build those applications at enterprise-grade quality.
Our Backend Engineering organization is made up of many different teams that you can join. Whether you enjoy working on building out and scaling platforms, designing large-scale distributed systems, or developing and implementing end-to-end load-balanced infrastructure, we'll help find the right team for you and what you're interested in doing. As a whole, we have big ambitions and truly value impact, as well as tackling huge problems -- if this excites you, then come join us!
What you'll do
- Get to work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud
- Team up with other engineers to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- Utilize both your technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- Collaborate, influence, and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- Architect and implement new components of our service platform
- Work with modern containerization (& cloud) technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Build and design diagnosis and monitoring systems at scale
- Use monitoring technologies like logging, metrics, search, analytics and tracing to build impactful instrumentation and efficient data pipelines for application performance management at Box
- Have great visibility and impact across all of Engineering
Who you are
- Passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You like to be an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching, as well as learning from other engineers
- Excitement toward building distributed, client/server systems, especially in the web application space
- Enjoy crafting elegant and scalable solutions
- Have a passion for solving multi-data center scalability problems
- You've built, deployed, and supported backend asynchronous services
- Knowledge of at least one of the core programming languages, such as Java, Scala, Go, PHP, etc
- 5+ years of experience, with a Bachelors Degree (in CS) or equivalent
- Remote friendly
Want to learn more?
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at
- Box Engineers share on
- Get under the hood, comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at
- Grab a free account and make your content more valuable: Hit us up at
- And check out some of the work our teams have done:
- Moving to Microservice Infrastructure:
- Kubernetes Case study:
Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage everyone to “Bring Your ____ Self to Work,” one of the key pillars of Box culture. Learn more by checking out our page on !
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To promote the health and safety of all Boxers and our communities, in order to "Go to Work" at Box in the U.S., you must be Fully Vaccinated or have an approved accommodation. "Go(ing) to Work" at Box is defined as visiting a Box office, facility, or co-working site, visiting or meeting in person with fellow Boxers, Box clients and/or customers, vendors, or partners, engaging in business travel, and or participating in any Box-sponsored and/or related activity where others are present. If you are fully remote and do not "Go to Work,” the vaccination requirement is not applicable. "Fully Vaccinated" means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, a sincerely-held religious belief or another legally recognized reason, Box will consider requests for an accommodation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Box, Inc and its related branches will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chair Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided .