WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU?
At Box, we're building the Content Cloud - a single platform for enterprises to manage all their content use-cases through the entire content lifecycle. But before a customer can start leverage our amazing capabilities, they need to get their content into Box. This seemingly simple step requires a complex high-scale platform able to define content mapping between systems and manage long-running complex data migrations at scale. Historically, these migrations have required highly custom specialized work, often at high effort and cost. Democratizing content migration is a key strategic investment area for Box as it unlocks our customer's ability to migrate huge volumes of data onto our platform, enabling them to leverage our sophisticated Content Cloud capabilities, leading to increased retention and account growth over time.
The Shuttle team is a small but mighty team that owns the full content migration stack at Box - from the best-in-class migration product experience we offer our customers, to the high-scale distributed infrastructure that lets us migrate hundreds of terabytes every month from a broad swath of on-prem and cloud content repositories. We have a bold mission to dramatically expand the breadth and volume of content we're migrating through our system.
Our goal is to offer the highest performance content migration functionality to all Box customers. Today only a subset of Box customers utilize content migration, and in order to deliver on this goal of broad adoption, we need to scale up our service, fully integrate it with the Box admin experience, and make it very robust and easy to use.
This is an opportunity to meaningfully enhance our Ember.js-based web application and REST APIs. This will entail adding new features as well as enhancing the existing code base to improve usability and maintainability, as well as the development of automated testing.
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN!
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
- Develop new frontend product features.
- Investigate and fix frontend bugs.
- Add and extend new REST APIs in the new or existing backend.
- Build and maintain unit and functional tests.
- Collaborate with Product Management to help refine requirements and break down complex projects into meaningful, deliverable units and lead the effort.
- Improve the current code base and infrastructure.
- Model best practices in crafting systems and code with sound architectures, reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization.
WHO YOU ARE?
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in distributed systems.
- You have experience designing, building, and deploying high quality software.
- You have a passion for building distributed client/server systems at large scale.
- You are excited about solving complex technical problems using data-driven solutions.
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Test automation experience.
- Hands-on experience with Node.js (used in the broader team; not necessary for this role).
- Backend coding skills - knowing any other backend language will be fine: Python (preferably), Java, Scala, Go, C or C++.
PERCENTAGE OF TIME SPENT
- 20% design
- 50% coding
- 10% documentation
- 10% bug fixes
- 10% meetings
- Messaging - Slack
- Ticketing/Planning - Jira
- Build server - Jenkins
- Virtualization - Kubernetes
- Cloud infrastructure - Currently AWS; moving to GCP
- Application stack - Ember.js, Python and Node.js
- Database - MongoDB
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our .