WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU?
Make world a better place! Yes indeed! Shield is a team of engineers specializing in security and protecting the flow of customers’ contents so that information doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Box Shield’s mission is to protect the flow of information while delivering frictionless user experience so that Box is the tool of choice for secure Cloud Content Management. Our customers trust Box to keep their valuable contents safe. Shield does that by understanding the content and intent, by using various machine learning technologies to detect anomalous behaviour and by restricting the access based on sensitivity of the content.
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
- Own end to end delivery of customer facing product features.
- Develop high-quality code across all levels of the stack - UI, backend-for-frontends, micro-services.
- Work with Product Managers and UI designers to realize brand new security capabilities that set Box apart from the rest.
- Work with teammates to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field of study.
- Be proficient in Java, Scala, PHP, C#, Node.js or other modern software development language.
- Have proficient knowledge of software design and testing principles.
- Assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a time sensitive manner.
- Adapt to the technical and stylistic needs of integrations and projects as they occur; including technical tools, programming languages, technical limitations, and product requirements.
- Based on team needs, contribute to full stack development delivering end to end features.
Requirements that are Welcome:
- Experience designing and developing enterprise security products
- Experience with modern technologies such as GCP, AWS, HBase, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Experience with developing frontend website architecture and user experiences
Candidate will be expected to:
- Attend and engage in stand ups and maintain sprint task statuses in issue tracking tool daily
- Attend team, project, and manager 1:1 meetings weekly
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members, across teams, and with partner organizations
- Respond to technical and behavioral feedback from manager and peers
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 60% coding
- 10% technical design
- 10% documentation
- 10% bug fixes/maintenance/oncall
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise
- Code reviews - GitHubEntreprise
- Version control system - GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our .