WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We need to expedite this effort by building highly available and distributed Infrastructure services in a heterogenous environment. That's where you come in.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Operate, monitor, and maintain high availability of software service for Box in public cloud.
- Automate, scale, and manage our cloud infrastructure footprint.
- Continually improve cloud operations automation and tooling to monitor and maintain enterprise cloud-based applications.
- Facilitate blame-free root cause analysis meetings in the event of a production-systems incident so that the team can learn from mistakes and improve our systems and run books
- Participate in stress, security, and performance testing.
- Design, write and deliver software and automation to dramatically improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Box services.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of working experience in a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering position
- In-depth knowledge of public cloud services (preferably GCP or AWS) and how to use them for compute, storage, and managed services including, but not limited to databases, managed Kubernetes, and Python/Django application services.
- Experienced with modern DevOps engineering practices and comfortable with diverse technical problem sets, across the entire technology stack, including the virtualized hardware
- Versed in infrastructure as code practices using technologies like Terraform
- Familiar with tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and leveraging those tools for configuration automation
- Proficient as a developer, experienced writing code and solving problems in Python
- Experienced using Kubernetes and related technologies (such as Docker) for application orchestration
- Familiar with ZooKeeper
- Excited about monitoring technologies, the metrics they provide, and using the data to extract information about the performance characteristics, and error modes of a cloud-based software stack
- Experienced maintaining and supporting feature-rich applications using modern software frameworks such as Django, Spring-Boot, Flask, etc.
- Able to effectively trouble-shoot issues across the entire stack from UI -> API –> Application –> Database, including the operating system and the underlying (virtual) hardware
- Understanding of computer networking and how it applies in cloud environments
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our