WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are seeking a highly motivated attorney to join our in-house legal team at Box. Playing a key role in our high performing, nimble legal team, this individual will be expected to cover a lot of ground. This position will be located at Box’s HQ in Redwood City once our office reopens (TBD 2022), though exceptional candidates will be considered for a remote role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, proxy statements, S-8s and Section 16 filings
- Collaborate with Box’s Finance, Treasury, Accounting, IR, and Communications teams on external communications such as earnings releases and press releases
- Partner with Box’s Corporate Development team on mergers & acquisitions, including structuring transactions, drafting term sheets, managing deal processes, performing due diligence, negotiating definitive transaction documentation, and managing outside counsel
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including supporting Box’s Board of Directors and Committees, and preparation of Board and Committee presentation content and minutes
- Assist with the development and disclosure of Box’s ESG initiatives
- Work closely with Box’s People and Equity teams to support executive compensation matters and administer Box’s equity plans, Insider Trading Policy, and 10b5-1 plans
- Work with Legal team members on international subsidiary governance and corporate secretarial matters
- Ensure compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and regulations
- Assist with risk management policies and related matters
- Provide support on other projects, as needed
- Manage Box’s Senior Corporate Paralegal
WHO YOU ARE
- JD and member of at least one US state bar (with eligibility to become a registered in-house counsel in California) with excellent academic credentials
- At least 9 years of relevant experience; top tier law firm and in-house representation of technology companies preferred
- Significant ‘33 and ‘34 Act disclosure and reporting experience
- Significant M&A and corporate finance experience
- Representation of public companies on governance issues and Board support
- Prior experience as a people manager; ability to lead cross-functional groups and operate in a fast-paced, flexible culture
- Team player with the ability to forge strong cross-functional relationships throughout the company and help others achieve corporate objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and work independently
- Practical, proactive, business-savvy and results-oriented
- Highest ethical standards; ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive, non-public, corporate information
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our