WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Metadata is a key component of the Box Content Cloud, enabling customers to add additional context to their files and transforming them into actionable content. In the current iteration, it's used to organize, discover, annotate, secure and retain content. Metadata Platform adoption continues to grow exponentially as more Box products like Shield, Relay, Sign, Governance, etc rely on it internally and as our customers continue to build custom applications leveraging it.
But, we've only scratched the surface of what's possible. That's where you come in!
As we embark on the mission to deliver a next-generation Metadata Platform, we're looking for a Staff Engineer to join us and play a pivotal role. You'll have the opportunity to work with a small team of talented, collaborative and fun engineers, solving some of the toughest challenges, as we build out the future of content management in the cloud. The work you do will have an immediate impact on the productivity of millions of users, at some of the most important enterprises of our time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead design and implementation efforts for new components of our platform, from the ground up.
- Design and implement scalable services with a focus on reliability, observability, operability and efficiency.
- Work with cutting-edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, BigTable, Elasticsearch, Spark and Istio.
- Be heavily involved in setting the platform vision and defining feature roadmaps.
- Mentor other engineers and contribute to team growth and development.
- Strengthen engineering processes, principles, and culture within the team and across Box, by championing a culture of learning, continuous improvement, and blameless retrospection.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 8+ years of professional software development experience.
- You have extensive experience deploying and operating microservices in a cloud environment.
- You have a proven track record of building services and/or tooling in one or more languages (e.g., Java, Go, Scala, Python).
- You have experience working with message queues and/or streaming data systems like Kafka/PubSub.
- You often collaborate with engineering and business leaders across organizations and disciplines.
- You have led a team of engineers and are able to assess, communicate and complete project milestones.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Azure.
- Experience deploying and operating microservices on Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch/Solr/Lucene or other information retrieval systems.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our