WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration, and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
It's an amazing time to be working at Box. With increasing trend of remote work and millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that fundamentally change the way people work. We are looking for an accomplished communicator to join our technical publications team to deliver clear, high-quality product documentation for our end-users and admins.
We're passionate about impacting the way people discover, learn and interact with Box products. Our team is searching for someone to deliver timely documentation for our releases and launches, as well as help in the maintenance of our large portfolio of documentation and knowledge base articles.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll work within a high metrics driven org that strives to build documentation against different end-user personas. You will partner with product managers, engineers, and program managers cross-functionally to get the demos and information you need to deliver documentation in a timely manner.
- Keep Box customers aware of new and existing features by conveying technical material in a clear, concise fashion, and keep them engaged and ready for the next release.
- Help expand and refine writing style guides to improve documentation deliverables.
- Subject-matter-expert that proactively gathers information from software engineers, designers, and product managers about new features and upcoming product changes.
- Actively participate in agile development team meetings and represent the interests of the technical writing team.
- Collect and understand a large amount of technical information from engineering teams, then translate and represent the information in a manner suitable to the target audience.
- Ensures consistency of tone and use of language across all Box documentation and within Box products
- Create, edit, and update existing written documentation, on-screen text, or online knowledge base articles.
- Clean up and organize existing help content to ensure only the most relevant content is presented.
WHO YOU ARE
You're an experienced technical writer through and thorough. You care deeply about how your deliverables materially make your customers' lives better, and are able to translate your work against the analytics/metrics that drive success in technical documentation. You bring that ethos to work every single day, where you work collaboratively with engineering and product team members to bring amazing documentation to market. You define the customer-facing voice of Box reflected in all our documentation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree;
- 5+ years of technical writing experience in a technology company;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation with strong attention to detail;
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences;
- Skilled at prioritization, self-direction and multi-tasking.
Please provide a writing sample in "Cover Letter" section to apply.
- Please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our