WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000+ businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Identity and Security Foundation (ISF) team are the Gatekeepers of Box. Any request that comes to access services at Box need to be authenticated with one of the services this team owns. This team is responsible for every authentication flow Box has, namely, web, API, microservice to microservice, SSO etc. We govern, architect, and build all aspects of authentications at Box. Whether it's building an authentication system that can support billions of requests per day, a brand new capability to ensure frictionless security, or rethinking how passwords work in a multi-device future, our team enables Box's rapid growth. The modern, secure and reliable features, services and frameworks we build are key to achieving Box’s lofty goals.
If you have a passion for building building secure, highly scalable, and performant distributed systems we have a great position for you. We are looking for a seasoned software engineer who will help us spearhead into the next generation of Box's offerings in the identity and security domain. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements. You will innovate alongside other senior members of the team and across Box on our road to excellence. You will drive and deliver scalable security capabilities to our 100k+ enterprise customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll work with modern technologies and frameworks such as Java, Scala, Docker and Kubernetes to design, develop and maintain high quality & best in class security infrastructures for better customer experience
- You'll envision, design and develop scalable and performant web authentication and authorization systems
- You'll provide inputs and expert guidance across all levels of architectures and mentor other engineers in the team
- You'll participate, influence and decide on key decision in company wide architectural reviews and bring your security experience to the table
WHO YOU ARE
- You have designed, built, and maintained services for use in production and have fluency Java and/or PHP
- You understand concepts around OAuth2, JWT Auth, token management, scopes, permissions, and rate limiting
- You have experience building microservices and secure architecture solutions for Web or REST API based microservices
- You often collaborate with engineering and business leaders across organizations and disciplines
- You have 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer and an academic background in computer science, a related field, or the equivalent
- You understand the importance of balancing security, performance and usability.
- Nice to Have
- You have implemented solutions based on Box APIs
- You have led or contributed to open source projects
- You contribute to developer communities such as Stack Overflow or GitHub
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our