WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 68% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
Why Box needs you
Our Mission: Transform the way Boxers build services so they can deliver awesome products by providing a common platform to configure, deploy, and run Box services seamlessly, securely, reliably, and efficiently in optimal regions of the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build and scale Service Mesh infrastructure with focus on scalability, performance, security and availability on top of Box's Platform as a Service (PaaS) layer based on Kubernetes. Every team and service at Box relies on this infrastructure. This is where you come in! With Box being an early adopter, supporter, and contributor of Kubernetes, you will work for the company that introduced kubectl, kube-state-metrics, and kube-applier to the open-source community. Our team owns services that are critical to Box's platform and you will work across organizational and team boundaries in order to drive key initiatives that align with our future architecture, product, and business goals. You will be at the forefront of Box's journey to the next-generation, Service Mesh infrastructure based on Istio, including the migration from on-prem, multi-region data centers to Google Cloud.
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and building cloud-native architecture for cloud such as AWS, GCP
- Experience architecting, designing, operationalizing container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with ServiceMesh like Istio or any other Envoy based ServiceMesh
- Well versed with Circuit Breaker, Traffic Routing, Service discovery pattern
- Good understanding of Linux systems, networking fundamentals
- You have a proven track record of building tooling, automation, and/or services in one or multiple languages (e.g., Go, Python, Java, Ruby)
- Passion about open source and staying up-to-date with the community
- You speak English proficiently
Requirements that are welcome:
- Experience running deployment automation/configuration management systems at scale, e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or others
- You have contributed to open source projects and developer communities such as StackOverflow and/or GitHub
- Certifications for Kubernetes, Google Cloud, and/or other technologies
Candidate will be expected to:
You'll architect and lead engineering efforts for new components and services in our Kubernetes-based service platform and beyond.
This means you will
- Work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud, such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Docker
- Provide hands-on experience with Service Mesh, SideCar and Cloud Native architecture, Security, Networking, Observability and distributed tracing.
- Be heavily involved in driving the platform vision and writing design documents for potential projects
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team and mentor team members to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- Participate in an on-call rotation for the services and components the team owns, triaging and addressing production issues
- Use both technical and relational skills to lead projects to completion striving for best-in-class development experience
- Engage with Box’s engineering community to build relationships, identify potential areas of improvement and help drive adoption of our team’s offerings
- Collaborate and drive for improvement across engineering team
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
- You love building distributed systems for large scale, high volume applications
- You are passionate about solving complex problems using data-driven solutions
- You believe all infrastructure should be deployed as code
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.