Accounts Receivable Specialist
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We're looking for a high energy, hands-on individual to join the Revenue Operations team in Tokyo, Japan as Senior Collections Specialist. As part of this position, you will be one of the primary points of contact for all APAC collections efforts with partners and customers. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include notifying customers of upcoming due dates, securing payments in a timely manner, and resolving customer disputes. Additional responsibilities may include working cross-functionally with our Sales and Account Managers to provide the best customer service to the customer while ensuring a healthy cash flow. A successful candidate must have strong communication skills, the ability to operate effectively in a fast-moving environment as well as the desire to contribute to a hardworking team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain strategic customer and partner relationships to ensure timely payment of invoices with the highest level of customer service.
- Contribute to company collection goals as it relates to maintaining AR aging, increasing collection rates, and decreasing day’s sales outstanding.
- Oversee daily cash & refund application processes –ensure all payments& refunds are applied against invoices in a timely manner.
- Work closely with customer procurement teams to complete all necessary documentation to ensure timely payment
- Effectively communicate payment delays to internal leadership team and appropriately prioritize escalations.
- Contribute to process & system improvements as Box continues to scale.
- Provide visibility on Japan Collections to headquarters and promote alignment between all Box offices as it relates to the Collections process.
- Help with ad hoc projects and tasks related to the business as they arise.
WHO YOU ARE
- Languages: English and Japanese are a requirement for this position
- BA/BS or equivalent in (Business Administration, Finance, Accounting – plus)
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounts Receivables and/or Collections experience
- 1 or more years of customer service experience at some capacity – a plus
- Familiarity with billing systems such as Zuora– plus
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and ability to deal with conflict resolution.
- Attention to detail and ability to practice good judgment while ensuring policy and processes are followed.
- Ability to understand business requirements and solve problems that may arise
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Overly organized, great attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Responsibilities may require travel across various Box offices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.