WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Box Developer Platform Team is responsible for creating the services and tools for Box Platform for our Developers. We govern, architect, and build the APIs and management tools and interfaces that enable external developers to quickly create rich and powerful enterprise solutions on the Box Platform. We work in a rapidly iterative environment where we ship new code every day.
If you have a strong passion for crafting powerful and flexible APIs and tools that make the development of 3rd party applications easier, we have a great position for you. We're looking for someone who can take our developer experience to the next level, someone who can dive into the developer experience and deliver impactful improvements that delight our developers and make them much more productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll be working with a team to develop and maintain services, tools, and interfaces for a best-in-class customer development experience
- You'll be designing and developing new features from the ground up for developers and administrators to create and maintain custom applications
- You'll be working with our Product and Developer Evangelism teams to craft integrated developer learning experiences
- You'll be working with other teams at Box to help standardize interface behavior and implementation across Box
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You like to be an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Inspire other people to work with you, and enjoy mentoring, coaching, and learning from other engineers
- Understand the importance of balancing security, performance, and usability
- Passionate about building delightful customer-facing experiences.
- You have deep understand of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- You understand concepts around OAuth2, JWT Auth, scopes, permissions, and rate limiting
- You have knowledge of a server-side language such as Node.js, pPHP, Java, Python, or Go
- You often collaborate with engineering and business leaders across organizations and disciplines
- You have +8 years of experience as a Software Engineer and an academic background in computer science, a related field, or the equivalent
- Nice to Haves
- You have implemented solutions based on Box APIs
- You have led or contributed to open source projects
- You contribute to developer communities such as Stack Overflow or GitHub
- Visit this page to check out all of our exciting benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our