WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
About the team:
The Compliance Engineering team is responsible for developing new features to enable customers to manage high-value content in Box with automated content lifecycle tools that reduce compliance, privacy and litigation risk. Our goal is to build a powerful best-of-breed cloud stack with a single content layer. That way, our customers can connect the content flow across their favorite business apps. We are a fast-paced and high impact team that is helping Box and our customers build world-class enterprise compliance solutions. If this sounds like an exciting challenge to you, come join us.
- Around 2+ years of professional software development experience with an understanding of best practice
- Knowledge of a server-side language such as Node.js (PHP, Java, Python, or Go
- Passionate about building delightful customer-facing experiences
- Designed, built, and maintained applications for use in production and have the knowledge of TypeScript
- Deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- Act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Must speak English proficiently
Requirements that are Welcome:
- Played with the Box APIs or you’ve developed your own APIs
- Production experience building Java or microservices
- Experience in Node.js
- Understanding concepts around OAuth2, JWT Auth, scopes, permissions, and rate limiting
- Have proficient knowledge of software design and testing principles/frameworks (Cucumber/Cypress/etc.)
- Experience with marketing and feature frameworks such as Iterable and Split.io
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time zones
- Experience in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Own and drive projects from an abstract notion to gathering requirements to scoping and prioritization to implementation, testing, and release
Candidate will be expected to:
- Attend and engage in daily stand ups and maintain sprint task statuses in issue tracking tool daily
- Attend team, project, and manager 1:1 meetings weekly
- Partner with product to scope new features, provide project estimates and milestones to inform quarterly commitments
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members, product manager and across teams
- Clearly communicate complex problems and technical concepts to both engineers and non-engineers and can break down complex requirements into stepsBuild, enhance and maintain validation frameworks and Compliance features (Governance/GxP/Privacy Ops/eDiscovery)
- Write/review quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Triage bugs and resolve issues that may arise during on call
- Respond to technical and behavioral feedback from manager and peers
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 70% coding
- 10% documentation
- 10% bug fixes
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise/Confluence/StackOverflow
- Code reviews - GitHubEnterprise
- Version control system - GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.