WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Product Adoption is a central pillar at Box. On this team, you'll build frameworks and experiences to help all of our customers and users realize the full potential of our product. We're a full-stack team responsible for a series of platforms to facilitate driving adoption, such as an A/B testing framework, in-app messaging system, and onboarding APIs. These platforms enable all teams across Box to drive adoption of all features. Every single Box user's first interactions with the product are experiences that we create, and our systems power how they learn about new and advanced functionality throughout their lifecycle as a customer. Given our breadth of ownership, we build across all parts of the application, collaborating closely with a multitude of teams both within and outside of engineering.
We operate as a high-velocity cross-functional business unit, with a close, dedicated team of engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts, and every project we work on is measured by its impact to Box's usage metrics, driving large impact and visibility throughout the business. We're looking for an experienced engineer who's passionate about partnering with product and design leadership to define and drive the technical roadmap of the team that'll enable Box to drive the strongest levels of adoption efficiently, effectively, and at scale.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lay the foundation to support and inform Box's product adoption technical strategy.
- Identify and resolve long-term technical challenges across a broad range of areas from API design to user experience.
- Advise Box leadership on key technology and product roadmap considerations.
- Work with engineers across the company to understand when existing infrastructure can be leveraged vs. when to build in isolation.
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become the next generation of leaders at Box. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance.
WHO YOU ARE
- Passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions.
- You like to be an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions.
- Inspire other people to work with you, and enjoy mentoring, coaching, and learning from other engineers.
- Understand the importance of balancing security, performance, and usability.
- Passionate about building delightful customer-facing experiences.
- You have deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching).
- You understand concepts around OAuth2, JWT Auth, scopes, permissions, and rate limiting.
- You have knowledge of a server-side language such as Node.js, PHP, Java, Python, or Go.
- You often collaborate with engineering and business leaders across organizations and disciplines.
- You have 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer and an academic background in computer science, a related field, or the equivalent.
NICE TO HAVES
- You have experience with A/B testing and experimentation platforms.
- You have experience with marketing and feature frameworks such as Iterable and Split.io.
Visit this page to check out all of our exciting benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.