WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box's File System is looking for an experienced product owner to lead the team that sits at the center of our strategy for the future of digital content, our core customer experience and our most fundamental technical challenges. This role has an absolutely massive scope of impact and requires a hybrid technical product strategist and experienced operator.
We are looking for a product manager to lead all aspects of Box's core File System - the foundation of content management and collaboration. If you are the type of person who loves systems thinking, wrangling complexity, and strategic product development, this is the role for you.
The File System is not just Box's bread and butter. It's a constantly evolving platform for dozens of clients, thousands of customers (most of the Fortune 500s), and millions of users. Box is focused on bringing its vision for the future of content management to the rest of the working world, and the File System is one of the primary conduits for that journey. The team is large, and comprised of several scrums each working on high-impact, high-visibility projects. With so much in flight, they need a Product Manager to chart a clear path forward.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Think deeply about the future of digital collaboration and build the foundation for it
- Own the most technically complex product area at a growing multi-billion dollar company
- Operate at both strategic and operational levels to create an impact
- Sit at the nexus of most of the product teams and experiences at Box
- Create a compelling roadmap for content management, aligned with internal stakeholder and customer requirements
- Partner with Customer Success, Box Consulting and Product Support to deliver value that exceeds customer expectations
- Provide guidelines to solutions architecture, consulting, and sales engineers on best practices for high-scale deployments
- Support the creation of product marketing materials, blog posts, and other content that highlights the technical thought leadership of Box
You should not be afraid to question assumptions, possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills to articulate ideas as well as influence others.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a creator, evangelist, and product manager, defining our story and laying out the infrastructure to power internal and external teams.
- You have a track record of delivering Software as a Service and/or cloud platform products at scale
- You have a technical background with experience in building highly scalable, extremely reliable services
- You love getting into the nitty-gritty details of technical infrastructure and solving for both customer value and cost.
- You understand the business and the analytics/metrics that drive success for platform and SaaS products.
- You have an innate curiosity and willingness to dive deep into product architecture
- Remote friendly
- 4+ years experience as a product manager or related position, where you've built and launched products with highly cross-functional teams
- You have a technical degree and/or background (CS, EE, ME, Physics etc.) ideally with systems experience
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- Solid understanding of customer needs and experience acting as a customer advocate
- Proven record of delivery and building amazing things that you are proud of in a business setting
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our