WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that sits at the core of how Box builds software. Box's explosive growth is driven by our ability to develop products and features quickly, safely, and securely, and we're looking for someone to drive the next generation of tools, frameworks, and platforms required to sustain that pace. Create a vision for developer productivity, evangelize tools and frameworks with engineers at Box, and prioritize what's most important for delivering value to our customers.
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are a product-driven company and our product managers are highly visible and engaged across the business. Delivering value to our customers is ultimately driven by building a strong technical foundation for our software. That's where you come in.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own, align and drive the roadmap for our micro-service infrastructure and core application services (e.g. db caching)
- Work closely with internal engineering stakeholders to delight our developers and identify opportunities to boost innovation velocity
- Operate at both strategic and operational levels to create an impact
- Evangelize the business and technical value of micro-services architecture and application platforms to technical and non-technical Box executives
- Partner closely with productivity engineering and architecture to deliver an amazing developer experience at Box
- Support the creation of product marketing materials, blog posts, and other content that highlights the technical thought leadership of Box
WHO YOU ARE
- You have deep technical experience with large-scale distributed systems and great product instincts.
- You have a track record of defining and delivering Software as a Service and/or cloud platform products
- You have an innate curiosity and willingness to dive deep into product architecture.
- You love designing tools and frameworks to make developers' lives as easy and seamless as possible.
- You're as comfortable debating the merits of different containerization platforms as you are setting KPIs and making data driven decisions.
- You know why and when you should break up a monolith into micro-services and the new challenges you'll have created in the process.
- Most of all, you're able to explain the business value of all of those things to non-technical executives, up to and including the CEO.
- Remote friendly
- 5+ years experience as a technical product manager
- You have a technical degree and/or background (CS, EE, ME, Physics etc.) ideally with systems experience
- Ideally you worked as a software developer earlier in your career
- You have experience building enterprise software - that is, you understand how enterprises work and the security/compliance environment they have to operate in
- You have experience working with developer tools at web-scale companies and are familiar with technologies to develop, test, and deploy software
- You're excited about using technology to bake productivity and quality into every phase of the software development lifecycle, from design to maintenance
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our