WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 99,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
If you are passionate about working on technologies and design approaches that are disruptive to incumbent Enterprise players, like to leverage Open Source, tooling and automation in an agile environment, and are interested in opportunities to work at massive scale, we may have just the job for you. We're looking for highly motivated and talented Site Reliability Engineers (Docker/Kubernetes) for our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) team.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team owns Box's IaaS and PaaS environments, enabling Box to provide cloud content collaboration services at scale to its customers. You will bring your expertise to a team passionate about automating at every opportunity and supporting production grade private as well as public cloud PaaS infrastructure based on Kubernetes/Docker and their supporting tools. The CIE team has the additional responsibilities for building and maintaining our Openstack based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) infrastructure along with our Linux base OS configuration.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You're going to have the unique opportunity to build, improve, and support our PaaS platform. You will get to work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud including Docker and Kubernetes. You will have visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You'll collaborate, influence and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- You'll provide additional support & perform various pocs on new projects, frameworks for Kubernetes as well as for other cloud platforms (Openstack) and technologies (Linux Base OS).
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You take an SRE-centric approach to everything you build/manage, ensuring reliability, availability and security
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Deep knowledge of OS system fundamentals (linux) & core internet technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, SDN
- Proven production service troubleshooting skills that span applications, systems and network within a primarily Linux environment
- Solid understanding of infrastructure automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, or the like)
- Experience using industry standard DevOps CI/CD frameworks (Jenkins/Spinnaker, or the like)
- Solid experience in building automations, frameworks preferably with Python and Go
- Experience in running containerized services in Private/Public Cloud (GCP, AWS)
- Remote friendly
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our