WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 99,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Observability Platforms team will be joining us to provide an end-to-end experience enabling Box engineers by leveraging frameworks, tools, APIs and visualizations to better understand the behavior of features, services, and infrastructure they own and maintain. The Observability team also helps educate product, infrastructure, and systems teams on how to appropriately monitor features and services they own, provide visualizations for monitoring distributed systems, give guidance for reducing operational overhead, and supports the delivery of unmatched availability to our customers.
As an engineering senior manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
We need a leader with the experience of having designed, operated, and implemented Observability frameworks at a very large scale, and well versed in the operation of scaled architectures. You should have deep operational knowledge of distributed systems and how to avoid limitations through innovative design.
From collecting telemetry data to making system health visible, your team will empower engineers, and executives to use data to improve the health of our systems and the experience of our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide o11y products like ELK, Splunk, Sensu, Prometheus, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc. to engineering teams for centralized logging, APM tooling, monitoring and alerting, and distributed tracing.
- Scale the organization responsible for telemetry frameworks used throughout Box's infrastructure, cloud services, and products to capture, transport, store and analyze the telemetry data.
- Scale the observability infrastructure to support petabytes of logs and billions of metric data points daily.
- Drive the roadmap for the Observability platforms in conjunction with Product. Bring together multiple perspectives and be the key connector in this important and highly visible role.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, across partner teams, and ensure that we’re building the right systems.
- Create and evolve the culture of Observability across Box.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience translating business needs into engineering opportunities focused on scale, performance, reliability, efficiency, and product velocity.
- Experience growing and managing diverse, talented, global engineering teams.
- Experience building strong relationships within and across peer teams that foster deep engagement and delivering key technologies.
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You take a Product-centric approach to everything you build, ensuring availability, performance, user experience and security are core components.
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching others
- 7 years of experience managing teams and delivering Observability on a global scale. Understand the Observability stack such that you can contribute meaningfully to architectural decisions.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our