WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 99,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for an experienced Staff Solutions Engineer to join our CCOE FinOps Team, where you will be the key technical resource for leading workload performance efficiency and cost optimization design review to bring experience of how to leverage the entire service catalog from the AWS and GCP cloud providers to box applications value objectives. You will be working closely with our GCP/AWS vendor team, box enterprise architecture, capacity engineering, and box application business owners to identify and align cloud provider’s capabilities to box application stack and business objectives in order to craft better value designs, produce what-if scenario models, and drive valuable outcomes.
The responsibilities for this role include: providing deep and wide technical GCP/AWS solutions engineering and application rationalization expertise; providing presentations at the VP/Sr Application Developer levels; delivering ongoing communication of the latest public cloud service offering capabilities and enablement of new strategies and potential beneficial outcomes back to box applications. You will be building groundbreaking prototypes and what-if future state scenario models to build cloud-optimized architectures. Keep the enterprise cloud deployment patterns current and continuously optimized. You will need to be, or quickly become, a box application advanced user to understand the core functions and stacks of the core box SaaS applications. Deep understanding of the GCP/AWS services and managed services offerings and where to properly recommend a fit for purpose shift vs today is highly preferred. You should be comfortable white boarding software architectures with a room full of engineers, fielding questions on tradeoffs, and translating complex content into understandable stories for briefing an executive audience. This is a senior-level individual contributor role, with commensurate expectations of performance, experience, professionalism, integrity and problem solving skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with GCP architects, box capacity engineering and architecture solution team members to define and develop technical designs and business strategies where core outcomes are price:performance and price:value driven
- Assemble and share best-practice knowledge among the box application, capacity, and techops engineering domains
- Educate box applications internal customers on the value proposition of design for cost architecture, automation first, push towards self-governing, self-optimizing and well architected framework mature operations
- Design and launch differentiated solution offerings as bar raiser. Serve as a technical liaison between box service engineering teams and CSP support team members for continuous optimization and governance related initiatives
- Coordinate validation tests, canary deployments with workload owners and be able to demonstrate box future state products and services results data and convince application owners to implement your desired changes
- Participate in and deliver FinOps monthly and quarterly business reviews and executive briefings highlighting success stories from your solution engineering activities
- Author or contribute to box best practices document stores such as whitepapers, blogs, and technical guides for case studies and success stories that were achieved to evangelize program and spread awareness
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years relevant solutions engineering or cloud architecture enterprise SaaS solution consulting experience with enterprise level SaaS product platforms - 2+ years GCP direct experience
- Expertise in multiple technical domains: Cloud infrastructure and services, Security, DevOps, Analytics and Application Performance Management in highly distributed global cloud-based systems
- Experience with DevOps best practices and tech stack solutions - Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Google GCE, GKE, Functions, Storage, BigQuery, BigTable, and configuration management pipelines
- Understanding of architectural principles (API first, cloud native microservices, n-tier app design) for cloud-based platforms including IaaS, SaaS PaaS, FaaS, multi-tenancy and automation.
- Terraform - Sentinel/TFCompliance policy engine, open policy agent and CICD production pipeline governance policy concepts experience is preferred
- Presentation and whiteboard skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, tech leadership, and engineering resources
- Experience with cloud cost management tools or services - Cloudability, Cloudhealth, Densify, Turbonomic, etc
- AWS/GCP dynamic diagramming for logical and technical awareness and using enriched diagrams to show/explain and persuade changes and potential outcomes/changes to existing patterns
- New service due diligence to identify new value or not, be able to quickly grasp the essence of new issues and concepts to decide to leverage new tech vs existing tech
- Bias for action -address new opportunities and challenges, set, communicate, lead, and meet results-oriented achievements and deadlines
- Ability to quickly understand and interpret workload technical vs business problems and navigate complex organizations to get through decisions and come to consensus to adopt change
- Certified Solution Architect Professional Level Certification for at least 2+ years GCP/AWS track
- Worked in FinOps program as certified FinOps practitioner or Cloud Center of Excellence program
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred, in business, CS/IT/IS
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our